1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Change your personal assistant. Need better scheduling.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That is evasion attempt number two, and not even an original one. I don't care what he has said. I rarely even read his posts any more, but I'm asking you and you are running away from the question like a coward.

Is that it? Is it cowardice? Is that why you aren't taking action to save all of those babies from being murdered?

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Yeah that's probably it.

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Town Meeting was tonight. On a local FB page I posted a photo of a woman holding a sign related to a non-binding resolution that would've made us a sanctuary town that forbids local law enforcement from assisting feds in relation to Trump's immigration EO. The torrent of comments under the photo for the last 2 hours has been as you'd expect.

5. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Why not post here and see what the comments would be?

6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Starman, you have your schtick. We all know it. I figure a few people have you on ignore, but most of us just let it roll right on by. Sometimes you're good for a laugh, sometimes all I can do is shake my head and worry about your mental health. Mostly I just stay far away from it, because if you get too close to the monkeys throwing poo you're liable to get splattered.

When Eric Rudolph bombed the New Women All Women abortion clinic in Birmingham, my wife was walking on the sidewalk a block down the street. If the timing had been a little different, she could have been killed like the off-duty cop who worked security there, or lost an eye and been disfigured as nurse Emily Lyons was.

That shit is nothing to throw around as cheap rhetoric, or to use to fuck with someone, let alone to seriously advocate.

HC likes this.
  7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

100+ members from local chapter of growing New England left-wing political group walk in and wait for the meeting to start. I snap the shot. They get up to read the resolution, which eats up 20-25 minutes of time, a combo of discussion and dissent and chicanery. Quite contentious. Moderator was a bit of a dick too. Etc etc.

Here's what the sign said ...

Bennington
    welcomes
    -- immigrants
    -- refugees
    -- Muslims

8. Starman

We know of course that the Fucko regime is going to lick the nutsack of ExxonMobil and Big Oil.

We know that.

Don't you think somebody in the WH Press Office would say, "Of course we want to say whatever will make ExxonMobil very very happy, but it will look awful if we simply run their press release word for word. They have a PR department of hundreds of highly paid flunkies who pump out stuff at a moment's notice. Why don't we call and ask them to have one of their PR flunkies knock out 3-4 graphs that says the same thing as their release, only worded differently. Should take them all of three minutes."

But no. Too Fucking stupid or lazy to do even that.

Fuckin high school sophomores cheating on English homework put more thought and effort into it than these jackoffs.

9. Starman

The fact of the matter of course is the vast majority of anti-abortion dupes do not, in fact, really believe it is murder, and thus they will do nothing.

Eric Rudolph should be executed. Hopefully he'll get "taken care of" in prison.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2017
  10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Never read the comments*

* unless you are getting paid to read them

11. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

That lifeboat does indeed exist, for which I'm grateful. Two round-trip tickets = one day in an American hospital.

And we accept this as "normal."

12. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

They originally had "Yankee Fans," but then thought better of it. Didn't want to get too crazy ... ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.