1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Noholesin1

Noholesin1 Active Member

The organizers of the inauguration should have some common sense and not hold this outside. Or, if they do, no visitor is permitted within half a mile of the main stage. Take it inside the Capitol; what's the largest room there, the House?

OscarMadison likes this.
  2. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

I very much can’t shake the feeling of, “That’s it? That’s all that’s going to happen?” Nobody stands up today and says something? No more arrests? It’s almost 11 am and he’s still president? Congress adjourned?

And I acknowledge that all of the above is my flaw, not some problem with the System or society itself.

3. FileNotFound

I truly don’t see the need for a traditional inauguration ceremony at this point. We don’t need a fucking ball. We need to swear Biden and Harris in and let them get to work.

4. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

So congress leaves town without doing anything

- impeachment off the table

- 25th amendment off the table ?

Trump now more dangerous than ever.

gingerbread and OscarMadison like this.
  5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Congress has no role in 25th amendment until it is invoked by VP and Cabinet. So presumably they'd come back for that.

OscarMadison likes this.
  6. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Try, imprison and execute the yokel traitor brownshirts before they come for the rest of us.

7. FileNotFound

They would have 48 hours from the declaration to assemble, per the Constitution.

OscarMadison likes this.
  8. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

By leaving town, Congress has washed their hands. They are not going to do anything to Trump. They may say some things, but he is going to, like he always does, get away with the most egregious behavior. And he will continue to wreak havoc over the next two weeks.

9. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Stoney-

I agree with Gen. McCaffrey, the 25th might look good on paper and might be well-intended but it is the wrong tool as impeachment was.

Does anyone really fuckin believe Mike Pompeo is going to assent to having his co-conspirator Trump removed? These people must think we're all so dumb, just because they are.

OscarMadison and Stoney like this.
  10. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

I would hope after yesterday people begin to understand how fast this can all turn sour.

But I'm pretty sure they don't.

OscarMadison and TowelWaver like this.
  11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

If the VP and Cabinet vote to declare the POTUS incapacitated for office, the VP then immediately becomes Acting POTUS.

At any time following, the president can notify congress he feels capable of functioning. At that point, the VP/Cabinet has four days to pass another resolution declaring incapacity. If not, the POTUS returns to duty.
    IF THEY DO, then Congress has 21 days to review the situation. As stated above, they have 48 hours to begin deliberations. Both houses must vote by 2/3 majority to confirm the resolution of incapacity. If that threshold is not reached the president returns to office.

Unless his term has expired. At which point the newly elected President takes office.

So ... hmmmm.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2021
  12. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Dow up 350.

HanSenSE likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.