1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Just do it. There has never been a President more deserving of impeachment.

2. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

3. kickoff-time

kickoff-time Well-Known Member

You mean like yesterday's restricted freedom of assembly. And the freedom of assembly during the George Floyd protests. People assemble, travel freely, don't wear masks all during the pandemic.

But again, what freedoms will the new administration take away. What are people afraid of - turning in their guns? You think people who refuse to wear masks are going to give up their guns. As Biden would say, c'mon man.

gingerbread likes this.
  4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Na na na na na, na na nuh na na, na na nuh-na na, na na nana na.

Machine Head and TowelWaver like this.
  5. champ_kind

champ_kind Well-Known Member

Yes, he went to all boys catholic Rockhurst, which is KC's equivalent of every high school in West St. Louis County

6. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

It is currently illegal for me to gather with anyone outside of my immediate household outside of for essential business. That is a direct violation of the right to freedom of assembly.

It may be a necessary and moral abridgment of rights, but it is still an abridgment of rights.

7. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

That is true, but you do have the right to go to church to worship if you see it as part of how you worship.

I'm not saying that rights can't be suspended in emergencies. Obviously they can and should. But that's what is happening: rights are being suspended.

8. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

OscarMadison likes this.
  9. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Correct, most constitutional rights have never been absolute (maybe right against self-incrimination; I'm 30 yrs from the classroom on this). They are subject to "strict scrutiny", is there a state interest that outweighs the infringement on the constitutional right?

OscarMadison and tapintoamerica like this.
  10. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

He’d just throw shit at the visitors.

11. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Throw him a roll of paper towels.

12. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Surprised he didn't withhold that information for his next book.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.