1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Different ballgame there, Hermes. They were after a federal arsenal.

The Man Who Saw Yesterday’s Coup Attempt Coming Is Only Surprised It Wasn’t Much Worse

TowelWaver and OscarMadison like this.
  2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

I'd call Trump a bogey man but we all know he cheats at golf, so ...

Last edited: Jan 9, 2021
    UPChip and OscarMadison like this.
  3. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

4. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

OscarMadison and 3_Octave_Fart like this.
  5. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

When I was a cops reporter 15 years ago, the Pennsylvania State Police, hardly a left leaning group of pinkos, published a report about the increase in hate groups in the state — especially in our region. Locals snickered and pointed to the institute which performed the study, the Southern Poverty Law Center, as a bunch of left-leaning troublemakers.

And then a year later, the local KKK leader wanted to do an interview with our paper.

I think it’s also high time we stop discrediting sources we don’t like because of some bias. If they did the research and have true facts, that can’t be discredited.

6. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

No, it's a good thought experiment- you ought to pitch it to somebody.

7. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Fred siegle likes this.
  8. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

It’s the definition of a coup and not calling it such gives cover for the people who carried it out; more cover than they deserve. They attempted to disrupt the transition of power and install their guy as president. Not labeling it a coup is more dangerous. It says they were just misunderstood. It says they were just a group who got a little heated. I get you don’t want to make martyrs of these guys, but it gives them the out they really want. They were aggressively protesting a stolen election and are patriots not treasonous insurrectionists trying to overthrow the Constitution. Not calling it a coup allows others to side with them and feel good about it. No one should think of these guys as misunderstood freedom fighters. They were trying to end our system of government. This was a coup attempt led by a bitter president who cannot accept reality.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2021
  9. HanSenSE

10. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

I love the hed, but that is one busy-ass cover.

Fred siegle, Jerry-atric and HanSenSE like this.
  11. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

12. HanSenSE

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.