1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Hey, @cranberry, remember when we discussed how the building trades fought to keep minority workers out of their unions and off of job sites?

Well, how does this story make you feel about your democratic voting union brethren?

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Fuck that. Its the same old same old same old. No new information. Same old tired tropes.

4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Oh, there are hearings all right. They're in the middle of the night when I don't think even CSPAN is awake. As the Bard said, alarums.

5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Ah, the "they didn't need to hack it so we don't have to investigate it" defense. You're not serious about that, are you? Did you type that on one of those $600 iPhones?

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Life News. Family Research Council. LOL

8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

No evidence of perjury? Sessions admitted he lied about not meeting with the Russian ambassador.

Oh, I know, you'll bring up Democrats who met with the ambassador too. It's not about whether they, or Sessions met with the ambassador, it's that Sessions said under oath that he hadn't met with the ambassador.

Had Sessions, when asked in his hearing said, "I don't know if I'm considered a member of the Trump campaign or not, but yes, in my duties as Senator, I met with the Russian ambassador twice and we made some general small talk," there would be very little (besides the "was it really small talk or a big conspiracy?" thing) to jump on Sessions about. But instead, Sessions gave a flat-out no to the question.

As far an investigation being under way since last summer, so what? Even if nothing is found, the Democrats should be allowed seven more investigations, since, after all, the Republicans have set that precedent.

9. YankeeFan

There's no evidence the Russian "hack" swayed one vote.

There's no evidence the Trump campaign's assistantance was needed, sought, or acquired by the Russians.

10. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

You're right. It's totally a witch hunt conducted by meanies for no discernible reason.

11. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

The fact that no votes may have been swayed, the fact no assistance may have been needed, in no way negates the probability of wrongdoing.

If a coffeemaker begins to smoke, do you generally discount the possibility of fire?

Last edited: Mar 10, 2017
  12. YankeeFan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.