1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

Preet Bharara:

Trump: I want you to stay
    Sessions: I want you to stay
    Pence: I don't have an opinion, but Trump and me will make white America great again because of my religiousness
    Faux News: They haven't been fired yet?
    Trump: You're fired.

Did I get that right?

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Nothing about this is weird except for Trump having asked Bharara to stay prior to asking him to leave, then firing him. Could be nothing more sinister than the slovenly management we've come to expect. For one thing, until Trump nominates a replacement, and said replacement is confirmed by the Senate, the US Attorney's office in the Southern District will just keep motoring on in the cases Bharara previously authorized.
    Fun fact I didn't learn until this afternoon. Bharara is very good friends with Jim Comey.

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Remember when Republicans believed flip-flopping was wrong?

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Faux Fascist Noise thinks "Bharara" sounds kinda turbany or Mooslimy or some kind of scary brown person-y or something, so he's gotta go.

5. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Allies Fear Trump Is Eroding America’s Moral Authority

Though in its early stages, Mr. Trump’s presidency has for many called into question what kind of role America aims to play in the world, and even whether it wants to remain an example for other countries. Abandoning that role will have consequences, some are warning.

If America no longer presents an image of religious tolerance — a core component of its moral standing — it undermines its ability to make needed alliances, several diplomats said.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/10/...r-human-rights.html?smid=fb-nytimes&smtyp=cur

6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

7. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Talk to your doctor to see if this medication might be right for you ...

8. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

It's this -- in person, Trump is a pussy. He met with Preet I guess to appease Schumer. And if I had to guess, Preet asked if he was going to stay on and Trump didn't have the stones to tell him he was gone. Which Preet then leaked and exploited.

9. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

10. cisforkoke

cisforkoke Well-Known Member

Can that be any larger?

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

That's what she said.

12. Just the facts ma am

Just the facts ma am Well-Known Member

Bharra is the moralist who decided you could not play online poker in the land of the free. Fuck him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.