1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Here's your Rockland County branch you linked to earlier:

The Agency's total revenue in 2014 was $3,316,586 of which 72.4% was was from grants and contributions, 25.5% was sales of services and 2.1% was from other revenue.

The San Jose organization that runs the Meals on Wheels program that you linked to has something like $11 million in annual revenue.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

This is where you should have started. I also agreed a while ago that the reporting of this was misleading, but so was your initial post.

I would say nicely done, but you left out the admission that this is not what you posted at first.

3. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

So woodwork lied about using the button.

Also, if you are going to try to rip off somebody else's tired material, at least do it well.

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Fucko has gone on national media interviews (teevee, radio, internet, print) numerous times and strongly strongly hinted he screws his daughter, or certainly wants to.

Never ever once has he ever issued any kind of statement to deny it.

Never once.

6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Donny in his element likes this.
  8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

That's two.

Our crisis center's budget is $190,000. We're going to lose about 11 percent when the CDBG is eliminated. I'd wager other grantees in rural locations will take a bigger hit than that.

But, hey, Mulvaney said Meals on Wheels isn't showing any results - despite serving meals to more than 2 million senior citizens last year. I guess he thinks it should show an ROI like a business.

9. Neutral Corner

10. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

But THE WALL!

11. Neutral Corner

Add to that what the cuts to the CDC, the National Science Foundation, NASA, and research in general are going to do to UAB and UAH. UAB is the biggest employer in the state other than the state and federal government, with an economic impact on Birmingham in excess of five billion dollars annually. UAB is ranked 18th among public universities and 34th overall in federal research dollars for 2015. According to UAB, the school last year recorded more than $328 million in federally financed expenditures and $516 in overall research expenditures.

I doubt that the people who went to Trump's Thank You tour speech thought that he was going to gut the state's economy in exchange for their support.

12. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Do you not realize that feeding these folks ultimately just helps run up health insurance premiums for everyone?

dixiehack likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.