1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Please explain how open borders protect US citizens from disease.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

How do you not understand that many folks who now have health insurance still don't have access to affordable health care?

They're getting socked by monthly premiums, but can't afford the deductible associated with their plan. So, now they're paying for something they still can't use.

Alternately, we have some 10-14 million who almost never access the health care system who have been forced to purchase expensive insurance that they don't use or need.

How is that an improvement on the old system?

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Well, there are going to be a number of former Federal Prosecutors out there. They are bright people who are at least somewhat wired in politically, and have a proven anti-crime record.

4. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Frankly, the role of the government - if it has a role at all - should be keeping kids from getting food they haven't earned.

5. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

So you're against defense spending?

6. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Oh God, it's too fun now. I lurked on this board without posting for eight years watching your sad rambling cry for help that is your time spent on this board. You are an art installation of sadness. Now I get to interact with you, World's Least Interesting Man!

Now, I'm gonna get some sushi and never talk to you again, Lumpy!

YankeeFan and QYFW like this.
  7. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

8. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

It doesn't. Neither does gutting the CDC or NIH.

In fact, one might say if you're trying to "protect U.S. citizens" by just "securing the border" and nothing else, then you're doing the governmental equivalent of pissing in the wind.

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Because diseases only come from human carriers and not, oh, animals and insects. Wall won't do much for mosquitoes. BTW, immigrants carry disease has been a racist trope since the 1840s.

10. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

What price has Alabama ever paid? It, like most other red states, receives more from the federal government than it pays.
    It will win the right to disenfranchise minority voters.
    The death of health care will disproportionately mean the death of minorities.
    Those are some big wins for the party that runs the state.

11. georgealfano

georgealfano Active Member

I taught a religious class for third-graders at my Church. We had a snack break in the middle of a two-hour class. The behavior always improved after the break. The class started at 5:30 pm and after two hours, you could tell the kids which were hungry in the first hour.

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Careful, Gee. YF's internet bodyguard is on to you.

service_gamer likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.