1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

I'm just catching up, but Jesus Christ, man. This is some fucked up shit.

Yeah, all those blacks in the Jim Crow era shoulda just left if it was so bad.

What the hell kind of reasoning is that? We should ignore policy and laws that are basically sub-human because people should just move?

Last edited: Mar 16, 2017
  2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

All I know about you is that you attacked me out of nowhere for having a little fun with one of your posts, then you lied about using the button and went after me again, this time with a lame copy of other people's material. Now you want to "threaten" to go quiet? That's funny, woodwork.

(And unlike you, I'll give credit when I take somebody else's material. I got woodwork from IJAG.)

3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Take it to PMs and have a nice Sick Grandmas Can Cook Their Own Meals Day.

4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

How about you explain how heavily cutting the CDC budget does not increase the risk of disease, up to the level of a pandemic, among American citizens.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

So the federal government should stay out of such things and leave them to the states? This would include not telling states where to spend state funding, right?

I look forward to your defense of states rights when Trump's administration starts pushing harder for states to offer school vouchers. Funny how your opinion on these things seems to change based on whether or not you like the program in question.

7. Neutral Corner

What's funny about it? That's the Republican view as a whole. If they like it, then the states should be able to do it anyway they wish. States Rights!

If they don't like it, the Federal government will whip them back into line. Let's watch what happens to medical marijuana dispensaries and to states who have changed their laws to allow recreational marijuana use once Jeff Sessions gets things rolling.

8. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

In other words, let them go hungry, including children in public school. Not our problem.

9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Trump's people are in favor of states rights, until they conflict with their agenda.

10. Neutral Corner

If they don't want to live with poor parents, they should move. Bootstraps!

11. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Meals on Wheels is an international program (begun in the UK during WWII) administered by local and regional charitable organizations attuned to local communities' specific needs. Stop pretending it's ok if it loses federal funding.

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

If my neighbor has cancer and I say "Here, I'll pay the guy who cuts your grass because your medical bills are so high" but then decide months or years later "Nah, he can pay for it himself even though he's still got those medical bills " then I'm a huge asshole.

You want to phase out these programs? Fine, but it makes you an asshole if you do it without warning.

Edit: Especially if I claim I can't afford it any longer, but then spend a metric shit ton more on unneeded security upgrades around the neighborhood.

(Also, local pols don't decide who gets those block grants.)

Last edited: Mar 16, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.