1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

2. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

DSD has a meme for anything and everything.

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Can you give me an example of this?

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

If YF had lived in Louisiana circa 1991, he'd have voted for David Duke for governor. After all, Edwin Edwards was a crook too, so it would only make sense for him to vote for the one aligned with his views.

BitterYoungMatador2 and HanSenSE like this.
  5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

The funniest part of that YF post was the part about policies. Aside from building a wall, Trump was very, very light on policy. People voted for a slogan, not policies.

And now the leopard is eating their faces.

6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

That YF. Just like Trump, still fighting the war against the Clintons and Obama, when even by his own admission, he won.

7. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

Link?
    [​IMG]

8. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

I am very open to Trump bashing and laughing at the President's expense, but Samantha Bee is all over FB, and I have yet to find anything that made me crack a smile, let alone laugh. It reminds me of MASH or Growing Pains - it makes people feel good, so no one points out that comedy is supposed to be funny. Can someone more familiar with her work on FF post her best bit?

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  9. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Did China Eat America’s Jobs? - Freakonomics

I found this really interesting. I have to remind myself that as dim, dishonest and uncurious as the President is, many of the words he regurgitates were composed by smart, sincere people trying to take control of the "weekend at Bernie's" presidency as best they can.

10. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I agree with you for the most part. I hesitate to ever call anything unfunny given how subjective the whole comedy thing is, but to me watching Samantha Bee in 2017 is like unlocking a musty comedy time capsule from the Bush-era. It just doesn’t work anymore. I’m guilty as much as anyone during that time period to laughing at things simply because I agreed with the sentiment. I've tried to go back and watch a Daily Show from 2005 and don’t crack a smile. Some of that is change of taste, I suppose, but really The Daily Show, Bill Maher and stand-ups like Patton Oswalt and David Cross (and to a much lesser extent Colbert) became the left’s equivalent to the Blue Collar Comedy guys — drawing laughter from things because they seem true, not because they're necessarily clever or funny.

I feel like Colbert sensed this and got out before it collapsed.

11. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Oswalt's stand-up is still pretty funny. He's not a one-trick pony like some.

12. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

She was hilarious when she joked about a kid with cancer having a Nazi haircut.

YankeeFan likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.