1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

2. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I think when the campaign manager for the recently elected president is proven to be a Russian agent, it's time for every public servant to speak up, yeah.

3. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Not about Trump.

YankeeFan likes this.
  4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

It's a real dilemma in terms of pure self-interest. On the one hand, you don't want to be the first elected Republican to accuse Trump of major malfeasance. On the other, you don't want to be Devin Nunes either, because little gems like the AP story keep popping up and you don't know what's what. So discreet silence is best for now.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

The same for white and black kids for starters. Funny that this article seems so concerned with the violence these black kids are exposed to at school from other black kids. However, Ivthink we all know that kids are much safer at school than out on the streets. Unless some white kid with a gun starts shooting.

6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I think that's the smart play. Rubio can bide his time and pick his spot. I don't for a minute believe that he has forgotten how Trump treated him during the campaign. He can afford to wait for the time that a pointed three sentence quote will really sting, or to plant a dagger in a kidney unexpectedly.

7. Michael_ Gee

Nah. He hasn't got the guts.

8. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Speaking of the longterm, it's time for Elizabeth Warren and many of my other fellow liberals to begin playing the long game and stop trying to block Neil Gorsuch. It comes off petty to try and stop an appointee who has what amounts to an unassailable record just because we think he's too conservative.

The Democrats should confirm the guy unanimously and put out statements about taking the high road because that's what Americans want. It will help in the midterms.

9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

It doesn't take a lot of guts to trash the captain after the ship hits the Titanic.

10. cranberry

Marco Rubio has no spine.

11. Michael_ Gee

Totally disagree. If they don't fight this guy to the limit, Senate Republicans will NEVER let a Democratic President name a Justice. And if your party's problem in midterms is turnout, not fighting is an excellent way to get your base to stay home,

12. cranberry

I've seen no evidence anyone who isn't on the far left wants to fight this nominee. Gorsuch deserves to be confirmed on merit.

I Should Coco likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.