1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Actually, to me the story was that she was horribly unqualified and continues to provide evidence to support that claim. She seems to care only about taking money away from public schools and funneling it to schools that teach religion, with little concern for the many other issues facing education in this country.

And you earned the response that came when you posted about Obama's decree. You did that with your posting history, just as I have earned some of the crap I take on here. You constantly point fingers at Obama or the Clintons to try to divert attention from problems with the Trump administration, so you shouldn't be surprised when you are reminded of that history. You have severely damaged your credibility on this site, so even a legitimate discussion can be disrupted.

That said, the problem with the Obama decree interfering with school discipline is a real issue worthy of discussion. It was a mistake, as were many things done by Democrats regarding education in recent years.

2. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Michael_ Gee and Inky_Wretch like this.
  5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Yes yes Dems and progressives should bend over and take it up the ass, because America wants them to just be nice.

And be sure to give tacit approval to the shit the clown show in the WH is pushing, because then when it's a spectacular success, they'll share some of the credit with you!

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

7. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

8. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Al Franken tore him up on the Frozen Trucker case, too.

9. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

Democrats need to approve Gorsuch and move on. Fighting for the sake of fighting, or out of righteous anger over the Garland nomination, or whatever, will only further harm the court, deepen the political divide in the country and hurt them in the next election cycle.

Save the tricks for holding up or blocking confirmation for a Harriet Miers-level-incompetent nominee.

cranberry likes this.
  10. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

The first time Democrats try to block a Supreme Court nominee, the GOP will blow up the remains of the filibuster, and it won't matter whether the nominee is Gorsuch or Chuckles the Clown.

11. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

At first glance, their analysis seems wrong. His job at the time was to apply the law as written by the statute and the precedent of the circuit court. The footnote that it set a floor rather than a ceiling is true, but I would think it's a floor for a bureaucrat or legislator, not for a judge. No?

12. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

I don't think this was judicial activism or incompetence. I just found it interesting on a number of levels, both personal and professional.

cranberry likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.