1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

A little inside baseball, but good context for the bill's current approach to essential health benefits.

Confusion over essential health benefits

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Poor thing. If she's not granted a Senate seat at a minimum, it will be a shame.

3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Seven years as the party of "no" and "repeal and replace" and they still don't know what they want.

4. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

People like Ann Friedman, doing opinion pieces like this, do as much to destroy progressive causes as anything else out there.

QYFW, LongTimeListener and YankeeFan like this.
  5. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

OK. Why, again, should Chelsea Clinton be considered unfit for honors or public office? Specifics, please, and save the "dynasty" stuff. It's a nonstarter.

6. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Interesting tactic by Trump to put a deadline on this. He started off a couple of weeks ago telling the GOP that they are next up for election in 2018 and its on them. And now this line in the sand.

Say what you want, but that's not politics as usual, particularly within one party. Will be interesting to see how this plays out.

But I expect a Revision 3 and eventually Rev 4 to come out of healthcare. Things evolve and can be improved. Hell, we are up to Windows 10.

7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

LOL.

QYFW likes this.
  8. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Some will tie her to the Clinton Foundation mess.

9. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Like the guy who LOL'd? I can live with that, myself.

10. HanSenSE

I would think experienced GOP congresscritters, at this moment, might see Trump as more a liability than a bonus come campaign time, save for his ability to get people out of mom's basement and at a rally.

11. HanSenSE

But Mom's emails! Mom and Benghazi!

12. HanSenSE

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.