1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Chelsea Clinton?

2. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

There's a fine line between stupid and clever. Is that what you're saying, Mr. St Hubbins?

3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Did he refer to her in the present tense? /Frederick Douglas

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

They're gonna be the prom king and queen at the White House Correspondents' Dinner table Trump won't be at.

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

What was negligent?

You said it yourself. She could decide how the security money was spent. That was a part of her job. She did that part of her job. Even if it turns out badly, that's not negligence.

6. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

You've obviously never watched Law & Order.

7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

But they're willing to train the right person.

8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I've watched a few. Most of the time, I've watched The People's Court.

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

This isn't even worth arguing about. Benghazi was a bad thing that happened on Obama and Clinton's watch. The US government is very big, and there is no evidence despite many many investigations that either of them had the slightest responsibility for what happened except that their subordinates (mostly the CIA) placed people in an exposed position where things might go wrong and they did. That's fair game for political criticism. Romney tried it and it didn't work. The Republicans in Congress just used endless stupid investigations to criminalize what at the very worst was a judgment call that didn't work. Now, we're told that's WORSE than a Republican working hand in glove with Russia to be elected President. There's no good faith here. For me in the age of Trump, a Republican is a traitor unless they can prove otherwise. There are stout and sound conservatives on this board like Guy, and libertarians like Ragu, and I respect them and enjoy engaging with them because I know we are all part of the same community of Americans. For the real Trumpers, I'm having a harder and harder time believing that's true.

HanSenSE likes this.
  10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That part in bold is every bit as bad as the ridiculous crap YF and QYFOS spew on this board.

11. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

12. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.