1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cisforkoke

cisforkoke Well-Known Member

Did you post that in a jiffy?

2. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

No. Actual quote:

“Since the very beginning, women have driven, and I mean, each generation of Americans, towards a more free and more prosperous future,” Trump said. “These patriots are women like the legendary Abigail Adams, right? Who, during the founding, urged her husband to remember the rights of women. She was very much a pioneer in that way. We’ve been blessed with courageous heroes like Harriet Tubman who escaped slavery. And went on to deliver hundreds of others to freedom, first in the underground railroad and then as a spy for the union army. She was very, very courageous, believe me. Around we’ve had leaders like Susan B. Anthony. Have you heard of Susan B. Anthony? I’m shocked that you’ve heard of her — who dreamed of a much more fair and equal future and an America where women themselves as she said helped to make laws and elect the lawmakers, and that’s what’s happening more and more.”

I'm glad I can believe Donald Trump that Harriet Tubman was very, very courageous. I wouldn't have though otherwise. Also, how the hell can he be shocked that women at an empowerment event would know who Susan B. Anthony is?

3. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Towards?? Now I really HAVE had enough

4. cisforkoke

cisforkoke Well-Known Member

Who's Frederick Douglas?

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

6. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

When he reads off a script it is very apparent how ignorant he is. He throws in those little comments, "I'm shocked that you have heard of her". What the hell does that even mean? He tries to make it sound like he has some understanding of the subject but it is clear he has none. I know, that was me during many reports in high school. Brutal.

7. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Who got cash?

Maybe Trump from Russian mobsters. (He should release his tax returns to prove he's not in debt to the Moscow mafia.) Manafort appears to have gotten quite a lot of cash from shady sources.

As for power, well, everybody in Trump's inner circle has more now than years ago. Obviously.

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Anthony was just on a dollar coin, after all.

10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

11. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

The amount of money that I would pay to watch Trump take a basic civics/US history test . . .

Inky_Wretch, HanSenSE and TowelWaver like this.
  12. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.