1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Then the mugger, he comes to and he starts choking me. So, I'm fighting him off with one hand and I kept driving the bus with the other. Then I managed to open up the door and I kicked him out the door with my foot at the next stop.

You kept making all the stops?!

Well, people kept ringing the bell!

2. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

"I’m 84, do you think I want to live the last years of my life under Chelsea Clinton? Seeing her picture in the paper every week? Thank you very much. I’d rather have Chelsea Clinton go find a job somewhere." - Gay Talese

YankeeFan likes this.
  3. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Never go full xenophobe.

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I don't think YF quite gets the reaction to his own position. People the US wants and in some cases needs for its economic prosperity are going to absorb sentiments such as his and policies such as these by saying "fuck you guys" to the United States. Who wants to work in or even visit a country where your nationality, ethnicity or religion causes you to be viewed as a danger and hate object by many of its citizens and as a potential danger by its government? And of course, those folks are also liable to pressure their own governments to treat US visitors the same way.

HanSenSE likes this.
  5. cisforkoke

cisforkoke Well-Known Member

Our office just landed a sweet contract, contingent upon some trivial B.S. that should not be an issue.

Thanks, PRESIDENT TRUMP! Now just make sure the world doesn't end!

6. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

This is what I picture every time YF starts talking about the Clintons:

TowelWaver and DanielSimpsonDay like this.
  7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Is whining about Chelsea stories the political version of griping about SI tweeting about wrasslin'?

8. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Chelsea can't run for office until she takes a Stone Cold Stunner at Wrestlemania.

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I read stuff here and there, and I honestly could not tell you what Chelsea is up to. I believe she makes a decent living -- enough to infuriate the haters at least -- with a foundation and some speeches.

And -- like many of you -- despite being an awkward-looking teen, she has become a reasonably attractive adult.

10. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

Chel6ea?

11. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

A. our education system should be able to turn out "highly skilled and trained" workers. And, to large degree they do, but companies would rather hire cheaper, more compliant workers whose H-1B visa is to tied to their employment.

2. No reasonable future doctor is going to decide not to come to school in America because their social media or financial records might be examined as a part of the visa/entry process.

12. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.