1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Yes, yes, that's the real scandal here. Sure. OK. Yep.

Hopefully they'll investigate it - and, like Whitewater - wind up finding other info that leads to an impeachment of the president.

2. Inky_Wretch

3. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Whut?

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

5. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

So people who were a part of Trump's transition team had their names "unmasked," or unredacted, in surveillance logs by a bunch of spy agency spooks. And?

1) That in itself does no harm to anyone. There are several things I care a great deal about, including our civil liberties. I find it troubling that we have this massive spook apparatus that is snooping on American citizens with wide fishing nets -- and yes, I am one of those people who is consistent about it. If we want to have that conversation, great. ... but someone like Trump who has advocated all kinds of ridiculous civil liberties erossions (some downright racist in their genesis) -- at least when he has had anything coherent to say about terrorism and foreign affairs -- kind of forfeits complaining that his civil liberties were compromised when his endless bullshit and dishonesty leaves it as the last straw he has been left grasping.

2) The spying has zero to do with any of Trump's endless bullshit, including the "Tapp" tweets. He wasn't wiretapped by Barack Obama. ... just as I can point to dozens of nonsensical things that he has said that were outright false. His bullshit is his bullshit. ... regardless of what the NSA was doing. The bottom line is that he is a bullshit artist who slings endless nonsense to try to reframe conversations that are critical or damning of him.

3) It has no bearing on whether he, or people who were part of his transition team were in cahoots with Vladimir Putin. There sure is a lot of smoke there, though, and it is a legitimate thing for people to want an answer to. This is all smokescreen. It's not even good smokescreen, because of my number 1. There was no practical harm to anyone.

Deskgrunt50 and Inky_Wretch like this.
  6. cisforkoke

cisforkoke Well-Known Member

7. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

HanSenSE and Smallpotatoes like this.
  8. Inky_Wretch

9. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I hope Trump and his gang of billionaires don't asphyxiate from all that smoke from the nonexistent fires.

11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

12. Inky_Wretch

Там, где дым, огонь.

HanSenSE likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.