1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Meh. YF's broken that rule before, though he tries to be subtle about it.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Broken the rule?

QYFW isn't hiding his identity. His new handle is an homage to -- and dead give away for -- his previous one.

3. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

4. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

Hmm. You don't say...

Cite?

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

YF knows what I'm talking about, and I wasn't referring to QYFOS's identity. As long as the mods choose to ignore it, I don't see the point in going further into the discussion on an open thread.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2017
  6. JC

JC Well-Known Member

That's a serious accusation, you must have proof of this. Please share.

7. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

8. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

LOL.

9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

US cuts women's health funding to UN - CNNPolitics.com

"UN officials said that the UNFPA, as the group is known, has nothing to do with abortion. And they said that because the US funding goes largely to emergency aid at a time when the world is facing the worst cluster of humanitarian crises in decades, the impact on refugees and women in crisis will be disproportionate.

The decision "could have devastating effects on the health of vulnerable women and girls and their families around the world," said Secretary-General Antonio Guterres through a spokesman."

11. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

I thought it was an homage to you. He put your initials right in the middle of his name.

Big Circus and QYFW like this.
  12. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

L.A. Times series, Part IV ...

But Trump’s strategy is pretty clear: By branding reporters as liars, he apparently hopes to discredit, disrupt or bully into silence anyone who challenges his version of reality. By undermining trust in news organizations and delegitimizing journalism and muddling the facts so that Americans no longer know who to believe, he can deny and distract and help push his administration’s far-fetched storyline. ...

Given the very real dangers posed by this administration, we should be indefatigable in covering Trump, but shouldn’t let his bullying attitude persuade us to be anything other than objective, fair, open-minded and dogged.

The fundamentals of journalism are more important than ever. With the president of the United States launching a direct assault on the integrity of the mainstream media, news organizations, including The Times, must be courageous in our reporting and resolute in our pursuit of the truth.

Trump's War on Journalism

EDIT: I thought Part IV was scheduled to be the final installment,
    but now it shows that there are at least two more to come.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2017
    HanSenSE likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.