1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gingerbread

gingerbread Well-Known Member

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I'm sorry. I should have realized you would need this explained to you. My post was jab at what QYFOS was doing. Not only did you fail to see it, but you also doubled down rather than go back and find your mistake. Now THAT is hilarious.

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

For the record, I'm still mulling.

SnarkShark, HC and vicd like this.
  4. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

5. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I'll go ahead and get on the record by saying Trump has the capability and potential to kill way more Americans out of incompetence than ISIS could out of hatred.

6. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Paul Wolfwowitz advocating for a war. It's like the cicadas emerging every X years.

I think he has one prewritten op ed that he recycles whenever opportunity strikes. He does it mad lib style. He leaves the name of the middle eastern country blank and the name of the president blank and fills in a few other small details on an as-needed basis.

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Wolf of War Street

8. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Good business for Wolf Blitzer too.

9. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

I guess this is relevant, with all this war talk. On this day a hundred years ago, the US congress declared war on Germany in a one-paragraph joint resolution:

10. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Practically every day on the calendar is the anniversary of our sending military forces somewhere.

11. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

L.A. Times series, Part V ...

Most people know by now that the new president of the United States trafficks in untruths and half-truths, and that his word cannot be taken at face value.

Even more troubling, though, is that much of his misinformation is of the creepiest kind. Implausible conspiracy theories from fly-by-night websites; unsubstantiated speculations from supermarket tabloids. Bigoted stories he may have simply made up; stuff he heard on TV talk shows.

This is pathetic, but it’s also alarming. If Trump feels free to take to Twitter to make wild, paranoid, unsubstantiated accusations against his predecessor, why should the nation believe what he says about a North Korean missile test, Russian troop movements in Europe or a natural disaster in the United States? ...

Trump seems as willing to mouth off today as he was on the campaign — about wiretaps, inauguration crowds, fraudulent voters, you name it. And the problem with that is that he is no longer a blowhard TV personality or a raunchy guest on Howard Stern or a self-promoting real estate magnate or even a long-shot candidate for the Republican nomination. He’s now the president of the United States, and he is allowing the credibility of his unimaginably powerful office to be exploited and wasted on crackpot ideas that have been rightly discredited by politicians from both parties.

Conspiracy Theorist in Chief

Last edited: Apr 6, 2017
    HanSenSE likes this.
  12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.