1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

How long before your president condemns Sandy Hook trutherism?

2. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

This is much like Ted Cruz' line that the Democratic Party is the party of the Klan. Sure, Ted. Sixty years ago. What about today? How many Klansmen voted for Democrats in 2016?

3. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Six times since 4 p.m.

Tweet, tweet, bitches.

dixiehack and YankeeFan like this.
  4. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

No, he's wrong. If I'm factually wrong about something, as YF was regarding the Jewish holidays, I say I'm wrong. Fair enough reads to me like agreeing to disagree, or accepting someone's explanation for a ridiculous post when you really don't believe it.

By the way, those times YF quoted me using the phrase, you can't see what I posted initially and whether it was a factual error, a misreading of somebody's post or a matter of opinion. The post YF used it for today was a clear factual error on his part.

Also, he asserted that I started the practice. So, how is he going to back up that claim? He should back it up, correct? Since he is such a stickler for evidence.

6. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

It's meant to be hard. For no brained, it would still get done. Which amendments wouldn't pass now (serious answers only please.

7. cisforkoke

cisforkoke Well-Known Member

8. cisforkoke

cisforkoke Well-Known Member

Prohibition.

cjericho likes this.
  9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Governor Cuomo Announces First-in-the-Nation Excelsior Scholarship Program Will Provide Tuition-Free College to Middle-Class Families

The New York State budget for 2018 includes funding for a program that will make its state universities tuition free for individuals or children of families making up to $125,000 per year.

There are some restrictions. You have to be enrolled full time with at least 30 credits per year. You also have to stay and work in New York after college for as many years as you received the scholarship involved.

New York could become largest state to offer tuition-free public higher education

I have some questions about it, but on the surface, I like what I've read on the program.

10. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Fair enough.

YankeeFan likes this.
  11. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

I disagree. There were multiple bush doctrines, laid out in significant speeches, like preemptive self defense, and the culpability of host nations for the terrorists they harbor.

YankeeFan likes this.
  12. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

You replying to your own posts?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.