1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cisforkoke

cisforkoke Well-Known Member

But the people who lecture him, including you, have not exactly been shining beacons of knowledge of what good journalism can do.

2. cisforkoke

The fact that you, WordPress Willie, posted this is amusing and a fitting example of the depths this thread plummets to daily. But I bet YF posted something you can ridicule. Better go find it and try to redeem yourself.

3. cisforkoke

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

You should go back to posting "Eh?" over and over again. When you try to do more, you just show how little you know.

5. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I'm very familiar with the anti-Hillary Facebook memes. I even called out the sharers of those things (using Snopes) on more than one occasion. One of the main sharers of this stuff on my Facebook feed was a cousin of mine, another an old high school friend.

Here's the thing, though: They were sharing those memes long BEFORE the election cycle. I'm talking 2013, 2014. To me, it just seemed to come from the myriad of right-wing sites out there. No different from basically what Rush and Hannity et al. have been doing for more than two decades.

I guess I just never noticed, through this endless stream of nonsense, where "Russia" entered the fray.

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

How many times did they say Snopes was biased and George Soros funded?

8. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

You're making up a position I never staked. My view is that the Iran deal that was struck was the best that could be accomplished under the circumstances (and let's be clear here, there was no international appetite to continue the crushing multinational sanctions that were in place prior to 2016, which is what triggered the negotiations to lift them) and our interests (and the world's interests) are better served by being party to the agreement. And while narrow in scope (no it doesn't cover ballistic missiles), there are verifiable concrete actions (reduction of its stockpiles of fissile materials and centrifuges, for example) taking place that should make the region safer for the next decade or so.

And as with Obamacare, NOBODY has offered or even floated an acceptable policy alternative, certainly not one that would attract international support. I believe the reason for that is that there isn't one. Which leaves us with bluster. If and when Trump or anyone else can come up with a better plan that has the support of the international community, I'd be happy to listen. Until then, Bibi and friends can cry me a fucking river.

Once critical of global deals, Trump slow to pull out of any

Why scrapping the nuclear deal may only embolden Iran's hardliners

Last edited: Apr 20, 2017
    Riptide likes this.
  9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

10. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

That will leave a bruise.

Opinion | Paging the Trump Armada

11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Black Muslim shouts Allāhu akbar, as he kills three white people, hoping to spark a race war. (Very reminiscent of Dylann Roof.)

PBS NEWSHOUR assignment editor: Let's get a story up about white militias, and how dangerous they are.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.