1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

If he's for significantly cutting taxes on the wealthy, can't see any NBA player being upset at him.

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

LeBron James has made no bones of his distaste for Fucko.

Gregg Popovich has already ripped him several times at great length for public consumption.

It would definitely be interesting if the Spurs somehow win it.

And especially since Popovich has a degree from the Air Force Academy in Soviet Studies, making him galactically more qualified for the office of Secretary of State -- or POTUS -- than the current incumbents.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2017
  3. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

Guardians of the Republic.

doctorquant likes this.
  4. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Gorsuch doesn't count. He has a majority in the Senate. The filibuster was going to go the way of civil rights in this country regardless of which party was in control.

How does this list compare to what he promised?

5. tapintoamerica

I counted 53 people in that 2017 photo. They weren't all players, but the count likely represents 70 percent or more of the roster.

6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Has he learned nothing? We're back around to a plan that has been put together quickly, behind closed doors, by a few people. No one has even seen a bill yet, and he is pressing to sign a health care bill in a week? The votes are not lined up for this thing, and once it hits the house we'll right back to this guy does not like this part of the bill, yadda yadda.

I have this fantasy where the bill goes to the House, Trump gets in front of the reporters, and someone asks "Mr. President, could you please explain your health care bill?"

"President Donald Trump expressed confidence Thursday in Congress’ ability to pass legislation to repeal and replace Obamacare as well as a spending bill to avoid a government shutdown next week.

He also predicted that health care legislation would pass "next week or shortly thereafter.”

Trump predicts victory on health care ‘next week or shortly thereafter’

7. Neutral Corner

So who has the kompromat on Jason Chaffetz? About all that his leaving office is lacking is "I wanted to spend more time with my family."

Last edited: Apr 20, 2017
  8. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Yep, I've a hard time seeing Popovich faking his way through the White House visit bullshit with Trump. If there's any coach with the gumption to dispense with protocol and tell the Prez to fuck himself, it'd be Pop.

TowelWaver and Neutral Corner like this.
  9. Neutral Corner

10. tapintoamerica

I fear they'll pass whatever comes next because they want to be done with it and give their Fuhrer a win. And 2018 is still a ways away. Remember when the GOP shut down the government and pundits predicted they'd pay in 2014? In fact, they benefited.

11. Neutral Corner

Check the Vox link. Short answer is charge more and cover less.

12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Preexisting conditions? Tough shit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.