1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

The next meeting is scheduled to take place in the dining room at Mar-a- Lago.

2. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

But how much military?

We currently spend more than the next seven highest-spending nations combined. For every $1 a Chinese citizen spends on his military, an American citizen spends $11. Is China not well-enough protected? Are we over-protected (think having 11 home security systems protecting your house)?

Are we getting proper bang for the buck by engineering regime changes around the world every few years?

3. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Pave paradise, and put up a parking lot.

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

That's a feature, not a bug. Courtesy of the Church of I've Got Mine, Fuck You.

Donny in his element likes this.
  6. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

A consumption tax would get grinded down to the nubs before it could ever pass Congress.

7. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

So today DHS started its "report crimes by aliens" hotline. According to a reporter from Foreign Policy, it was swamped by calls about space aliens. Whether it was calls by wiseacres (almost certainly true) or by loonies (my fondest hope), the news makes me happier to be an American.

9. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Cummings rebukes White House:
    “They don’t determine what we investigate. … We do.”

"Trump, when he was running, said no one is above the law. Well, he’s not above the law either. ... This is not some witch hunt. This is about a fight for the soul of our democracy. and I want to be real clear on that. So, we’re not going to be distracted. We’re going to go after the [Russia] documents."

Rep. Cummings rebukes White House: You “don’t determine what we investigate … We do.”

10. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Just imagine how many awards she'd be receiving if her mom had won the election.

11. cisforkoke

cisforkoke Well-Known Member

Her mom did win. [/thosewhocan'tletgo]

12. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.