1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Link?

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

3. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

The Ohio National Guard was just protecting the Constitutional rights of those four students murdered on May 4, 1970.

4. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

I'm shining my stoop in Baltimore!

5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

The left used to be the greatest defenders of free speech. The "Free Speech Movement" literally began at Berkeley.

Now, many have come to some confused belief that by preventing those whom they disagree with from speaking, they are somehow defending the rights of others.

(And, many who donated to the ACLU in light of Trump's election are incensed with them for defending Coulter's right to speak on campus, which is obviously their default position. Not sure why anyone would think they'd hold a different position in this case.)

But, what most astounds me might be that known, and in some cases convicted, leftist terrorists, who advocated for the violent overthrow of the U.S. government, like Angela Davis, Bill Ayers, Bernardine Dohrn, and Kathy Boudin found not just a place to speak on a college campus, but employment.

Public colleges, along with some of the most prestigious private universities in the country, hired these unapologetic radicals.

But, today, we're supposed to believe that Ann Coulter's presence on a college campus would put someone's liberty at risk.

6. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

It's obvious the liberals around here support violent opposition to political opponents.

7. YankeeFan

You guys are funny.

I can only post this bullshit about Chelsea because people keep writing about her, putting her on magazine covers, and giving her awards.

Did we hear about any of Mitt Romney's kids -- incessantly -- after he lost the election? Maybe they're just not as fabulous as Chelsea.

8. YankeeFan

I get a kick out of @Starman's fantasies of liberals taking up arms to fight the right.

Of the two sides in our political debate, which one do you think has more access to, experience with, and training with firearms?

9. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

10. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

11. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

Even journalists are afraid of free speech. Heck, a few of the #RespectedPosters believe journalists should be licensed.

12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Sounds like a super official list!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.