1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

What Trump's Staff is Saying About His Behavior Over the Past 48 Hours

He just seemed to go crazy today,” one senior Republican aide told Politico after Trump’s bizarre behavior last Monday during a series of media appearances.

In one 24 hour span, the president suggested that the Civil War was unnecessary and that Andrew Jackson (a slaveowner who died 16 years before the war) could have stopped it. He said he would be “honored” to meet with brutal North Korean dictator Kim Jong-Un “under the right circumstances” while also saying “none of us are safe” from a North Korea attack. He extended an invitation to the White House for Philippines president Rogrigo Duterte – who has executed thousands of his own citizens without trial and has bragged about being the Philippines’ version of Hitler. ...

“It seems to be among the most bizarre recent 24 hours in American presidential history,” said presidential historian Douglas Brinkley. “It was all just surreal disarray and a confused mental state from the president.”

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Having been there a couple of time, let me assure you that nothing focuses your mind on medical care and medical insurance in the way that a loved one at risk of dying does. I said all sorts of bad things about United Healthcare's routine medical coverage, but when my son was in a very bad car wreck they covered nearly $900k. I paid the ER copay.

I could have paid them premiums for the rest of my days without their breaking even. I cannot fathom what it would have been like if we'd had no insurance, or a cheapass bare bones policy.

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Excuse me, I'll be powervomiting for about the next 10 years

HanSenSE likes this.
  4. cisforkoke

cisforkoke Well-Known Member

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

This would be super smart politics (as well as a good thing to do), but the problem is, the problems with ACA require spending more money to fix.

6. Neutral Corner

I would absolutely agree with this. The GOP had no interest in the ACA other than using it to bust Obama's chops. That worked fine for them when they could demonize it and play party of no, but as the party in control it is completely unworkable. If their ideological wing manages to pass Trumpcare they're fucked.

The Congress needs to do what should have been done from the start. They need to strengthen what works, and apply it across the program as it applies. They need to remove and rework the parts that have proved to be ill-conceived. In a general sense the program needs to be fine tuned and fixed over a period of years in the same way that Medicare was, removing the screwups and abuses and taking advantage of anything that is found to be an improvement.

The big problem is that the Republicans have spent eight years telling their faithful that Obamacare is of the devil and the ruin of Western Civilization as we know it, and harsh words taste bad when you have to eat them.

7. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

Also very lucky the company paid out while he was under the influence.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  8. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Dude.

9. Neutral Corner

No, it's true enough. We still paid out thousands if it makes you feel any better.

10. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Damn, yab. Now I'm sitting here with Ann Coulter's testicles on my brain. WTF, man?

11. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

12. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Got ya.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.