1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Orphanages!

But, don't be working my corners.

doctorquant likes this.
  2. YankeeFan

3. YankeeFan

I didn't even put that on my list of things that I should obsess over instead of Chelsea Clinton.

We have friends who are fostering kids right now. Holy shit the effort the state makes to try and put these kids back with their mother.

JC likes this.
  4. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Illinois is really bad about that.

5. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Couple of young (mid-20s) parents three houses up ... their 2-, 3-year-old son's wandered off multiple times. Cops have been around a handful of those. CPS took the kid a few weeks ago ... we'll see how long it lasts.

6. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

No special needs?

7. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I don't know enough detail. Two doors down the other way is the retired lady who takes care of our cat when we travel ... she's the neighborhood Gladys Kravitz who keeps us up to date.

8. cisforkoke

cisforkoke Well-Known Member

Yeah, lint boy. Not news.

I know people like you rely on those shows to tell you things you didn't already know. That's not really the same thing as news, though.

9. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

You can tell how bad a kid's home life is by how many "relatives" show up to something simple like gymnastics or some other weekly class.

Have been at activities where other kids not only have mom and mom's current boyfriend there, but mom's boyfriend's mom, an adult sibling, and baby daddy, who shows up at the end. Some real stability at home. I'd guess smokes and alcohol have a higher priority over food.

10. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

You're the guy who fingers himself with peanut butter, right?
    I'm guessing I spend more time on news stories than you. Butter luck next time!

11. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Our son is in an elopement phase, although he never gets far. Have to watch him when he's out in the yard. Guessing if there were any such circumstances the state would not have taken them.

12. cisforkoke

cisforkoke Well-Known Member

Maybe. You probably also spend more time with lint.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.