1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

But look how upset Democrats are. This is a huge win for God-Emperor Trump. LOL at your liberal tears.

dixiehack likes this.
  2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

4. cisforkoke

cisforkoke Well-Known Member

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Perhaps I will trip over a treasure chest stuffed with pirate gold on my way to the mailbox this afternoon.

6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

This is the perfection of the evangelical movement prostituting the cause of Christ for a taste of worldly power.

Iron_chet, HanSenSE, UPChip and 2 others like this.
  8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Point taken, but I really wouldn't be shocked if President Trump didn't understand that issue. I did mean to do it with snark, but this really is an issue where DeVos's ignorance could be creating real problems.

9. HC

HC Well-Known Member

They should pay some taxes then, no?

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

They should. Wasn't the restriction on political activity one of the justifications for allowing them to avoid paying taxes?

11. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

Why should churches not be able to endorse, but Planned Parenthood can? Planned Parenthood's endorsement technically comes through an affiliate to get around the ban, but come on!

Last edited: May 4, 2017
  12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

It didn't. The Planned Parenthood Action Fund PAC did. They found a loophole. I'm sure churches could do the same. If the Southern Baptists want to create a PAC (and I think the ERLC is one), they can use it to do endorsements.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.