1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

“Any bill that has been posted less than 24 hours, going to be debated three or four hours, not scored? Needs to be viewed with suspicion.”

Senate GOP rejects House Obamacare bill

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I hope that the Senate agrees on a bill that is much sounder than the piece of shit that the House dropped on their desks. If nothing else, it will have a CBO score before it is voted on, because the Senate protocols demand it under reconciliation.

3. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

I guess someone's wages grew 2.5 percent in the last year. Sure as hell wasn't mine. I just take heart that I'm adding so much shareholder value. Winning!

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The same dynamics apply to the Senate as to the House as far as the Republicans go. There are Senators who think the House bill doesn't go far enough (Cruz, Paul, Lee) and Senators who think it goes way too far (Collins, Portman, Murkowski, Heller). And they can't lose more than any two to pass a bill at all. Not saying it can't be done, but with a far more secure majority, it took the House four months to pass AHCA.

5. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

I never thought I'd ever say, thanks heavens for the Senate, but in this case ...

Senators, much more than House reps, have to be accountable to their voters, because they can't simply gerrymander themselves into a lifetime job, like has happened in the House.

6. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

That number is propped up by overtime for L.A. firemen.

7. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Where is Melania heading to this weekend?

8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

But remember, it's better to wait three months on the insurance company's clock than three (imaginary) months under dirty, dirty socialized medicine because Freedom.

9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I think she'll have to cross the river and face her pre-existing condition.

10. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

SnarkShark, JC and Justin_Rice like this.
  11. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

12. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.