1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

If you want to live in a butcher shop, I'm gonna treat you like a piece of meat.

2. doctorquant

This way is more fun.

QYFW likes this.
  3. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

It's go time, creampuff!

bigpern23 and SpeedTchr like this.
  4. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

You either have partisan glasses or don't remember the bush years well enough.

5. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

The left is mass producing vile comments daily. Hell, you had a columnist told he should be "Daniel Pearled" because he had the gall to WRITE something it didn't agree with. On the goddamn weather.

6. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I remember them. The right is worse than the left. It's not partisan; I've voted for Republicans, oh, 40-45 percent of the time over the years, more local than national.

It's a basic objective call: The right is worse. And it is. It has been worse, and Donald Trump's presidency is proof of that.

And I also appreciate that to say one side is worse than the other is, in itself, offensive. It's much easier and fashionable and far safer on a message board to declare an equal plague on both houses.

I just think it's wrong. That's how much damage I think Fox News, right-wing radio and conservative blogs have done.

Last edited: May 10, 2017
    HanSenSE and heyabbott like this.
  7. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

So is the right.

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

The left is afflicted with chronic Kumbayahism.

They're afraid of hurting anybody's feelings.

Instead, they should be making sure of it. That's been the RWSMs game for 35 years.

When major gains have been made by progressives, it hasn't been because of people singing "Kumbayah," "Give Peace A Chance" or "Blowin In The Wind."

It's because the powers that be realized that if things didn't change, shit was going down in a big way.

On April 24, 1971, 500,000 people marched on Washington, DC.

https://zinnedproject.org/2013/04/1971-anti-war-protests-in-dc-and-sf/

They were singing a John Lennon song, released three weeks before.
    It wasn't "Give Peace A Chance," it wasn't "Imagine."
    It was this.

After seeing 500,000 people marching on Washington, even fuckin' Nixon realized he had to figure out some way to get the hell out of Vietnam.

Even though Nixon beat the hippie peacenik candidate McGovern in 72 (let's not forget, including the use of blatantly illegal campaign tactics), his whole platform claimed he had a plan to "get out of Vietnam fast."

Last edited: May 10, 2017
  9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

He's the fucking President! That's way different than being anything else. He's been President for less than four months and look where we are. Think it's not gonna get worse? Right now people are more or less satisfied with the economy, and he's way under 50 percent approval. One little slip, let alone the Ragu catastrophe, and he's down in GW Bush in 2008 territory. Do not mistake the approval of the base of resentful racist idiots with the overall approval from Trump voters, let alone the public in general.
    Counterfactual: What event does anyone here think could boost Trump's approval up from current levels? I'm open to suggestions.

BadgerBeer likes this.
  10. doctorquant

#courage

11. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Even you, with your own special brand of lunacy, is a pussy compared to the average true believer liberal.

SpeedTchr likes this.
  12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Senate Intel has issued a subpoena to Flynn for any and all documents related to Russia.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.