1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Judge Victoria Roberts, who issued the ruling.

[​IMG]

Wonder what the odds are that Fucko will comply?

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  3. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

That wasn't posted hours ago. Jesus.

4. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

A year ago, who could have imagined we'd be on the verge of the entire world saying "Thank god, it's going to be OK. Mike Pence is going to be President of the United States now?"

5. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

Hannity is breaking down Clinton's emails. The media isn't reporting "these facts" that he was describing. "These facts" appear to be "according to Rudy Giuliani". What a scumbag.

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

No such luck. The Republicans, all of them, from Ryan and McConnell down to registered voters, are in too deep now. They can't dump Trump without admitting they embraced a threat to the country in pursuit of power. Also, if there are high crimes and misdemeanors that'll bring Trump down, Pence is too deeply in the loop not to be guilty, too.

7. Neutral Corner

I'm not convinced that Pence isn't in it to his eyeballs, too. He's doing what Trump tells him to, and there is bound to be stuff that he's involved in that he does not know all the details of just yet. Maybe the various intel tapes with take Trump, Pence, and Priebus all down. If dreams do come true, they'll get Ryan too.

A guy can dream, right?

8. Neutral Corner

9. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

This is what I've thought and felt since Comey's firing, and, as much as many wanted to see him canned, or worse, after he stepped back into the Clinton emails controversy near the end of the election, I'm not at all confident we're going to end up with anybody better than him -- in any respect -- for the job, and I consider his firing to be a big, stupid loss. I've actually been more sad the past couple of days, for the Trump administration and for this country, than I've ever been since the election and since Trump became President.

To me, Comey's dismissal had all the earmarks of Trump just sort of missing his role on "The Apprentice," and thinking it would just be fun to go, "You're fired!" with a notable name/guy again.

The only thing is, this isn't a TV show.

10. Neutral Corner

Wow. Just wow. The NY Times Editorial Board:

"You have one choice: Appoint a special counsel who is independent of both the department and the White House. No one else would have the standing to assure the public it is getting the truth. While a handful of Republican senators and representatives expressed concern at Mr. Comey’s firing, there is as yet no sign that the congressional investigations into Russian interference will be properly staffed or competently run. And Americans can have little faith that the Justice Department, or an F.B.I. run by Mr. Trump’s handpicked replacement, will get to the bottom of whether and how Russia helped steal the presidency for Mr. Trump."

Opinion | An Open Letter to the Deputy Attorney General

Last edited: May 11, 2017
  11. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

An early look at next week's cover, “Ejected,” by Barry Blitt:

[​IMG]

"It's probably a bit of a leap,” Barry Blitt says, about his cover of the May 22, 2017, issue. “James Comey is six feet eight—he probably would have been happy to give up his seat in a cramped cabin.”

12. Neutral Corner

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.