1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Yeah
    [​IMG]

2. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

That's exactly the analysis for which I was asking, and yes, y'all, it required that many words. Thanks, @The Big Ragu. I do think that the checks on presidential power have been slowly eroding ever since Nixon declared "if the president does it, it's not illegal," but the specter of Trump at the wheel (finally) gives us cause to question whether or not that's a good thing.

The election of Trump also solidifies for me something that's been a concern for me for at least 30 years: Our education system is set up to churn out employees, not critical thinkers. This, to me, is somewhere in the Top 10 reasons in any analysis of How We Got Here Today.

3. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Gee and Starman immediately took issue. That tells me your comments were about as even-handed and thoughtful as you'll ever see around here.

SpeedTchr and FileNotFound like this.
  4. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

THIS.

1. Spot on.

2. Agree here too, but I still think the Dems could be more bipartisan and turn the not-really-Republican Trump toward their issues once he is done erasing Obama's name off of everything.

FileNotFound likes this.
  5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Number two is a fantasy. Trump can't cooperate with the Dems even if they wanted to. Then the Congressional Republicans would impeach his ass.

6. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

I think you grossly overestimate Donald Trump's political savvy. He listens to the last voice in his ear, plain and simple.

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

He mainly listens to his pee-pee. Like most four-year-olds.

8. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

They did what right-wing American radio and TV have been doing for 30 years, with one exception: What they disclosed --- primarily the DNC emails --- happened to be true. Inconveniently true for Hillary Clinton. Clinton lost because more truth about her was made public. Let that sink in. We're angry because more truth was exposed.

You can't "steal" an email. It was a phishing attempt that has been tried --- 99 percent of the time unsuccessfully --- on hundreds of organizations. It happened to work on the DNC because of a Podesta misunderstanding and a click on something that should not have been clicked on. The DNC opened the door and allowed the emails to become public.

Marine Le Pen sat down for a meeting with Vladimir Putin several weeks ago. No outrage in France. No investigations.

Michael Flynn attends an RT dinner two years ago, or Trump's second cousin once removed has a Russian tenant in one of his buildings, and we're screaming "RUSSIAN CONNECTIONS!" and proclaiming it's the end of the world. We're fucking nuts.

Last edited: May 13, 2017
    Batman likes this.
  9. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

10. cisforkoke

cisforkoke Well-Known Member

This reminded me of an editorial cartoon someone posted yesterday.

Has there been another president depicted so often in a diaper or, worse, running around bareassed?

11. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Well, what would make Democrats more electable in 2018 or 2020?

If you ask me, it's simple: be the first to reach out and create a true bipartisan government that makes voters see that their government is working again.

If the Dems maintain intransigence, they will lose.

12. cisforkoke

cisforkoke Well-Known Member

You posted that here?

[​IMG]

HanSenSE and Vombatus like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.