1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

2. cisforkoke

cisforkoke Well-Known Member

They should make a Vince Foster movie. Kevin Costner could play Ken Starr.

3. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

Blistering!

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I respect McConnell's upfront, "So what? We're not gonna do a thing" responses to McCain, Graham, etc. when they have "doubts" and are "disturbed" because they've already shown they're not gonna do anything either.

dixiehack likes this.
  5. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

John Brabender, of Rick Santorum fame, in between whining about Obama and Hillary, offered up the "It's not like he gave them the nuclear launch codes!" defense on CNN last night.

6. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I make my living trading derivatives. It isn't my only business, but it is my most lucrative one. What I do day to day bears no relationship to the cartoon picture you have of me in your head in which I "invest" as you see it in "gold bars" and make decisions based on worldwide economic catastrophe. I'd explain -- at leas in relatively simple terms -- except you have proven to me it will be wasted on you. I am pretty good at what I do. 95 percent of individuals (not institutions) who try to do what I do lose money. Most blow up a small account and are never heard from again. 1 percent make very serious money. I am in the 5 percent, but not the 1 percent. I work very hard at it and have put a lot of time and effort into learning and honing my craft -- which trust me, bears little relationship to the stupid caricature in your noggin.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  7. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I don't care what you do for a living. My comments are based solely on the silliness you post about the political economy.

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Yeah, that'll be next.

9. The Big Ragu

I am very happy to detail the circumstances around your suspension. ... which was for 1 month. Give me the go ahead and I will detail every problem you have had on here with various people prior to that suspension, how it impacted the board, how many warnings we gave you, how much effort we made to try to get you to stop being obsessive and out of control, and how long a leash we have given you relative to many others. I'll also explain how you turned the 1 month (which was the culmination of MULTIPLE warnings) into 3 months, by acting like a jerk and not accepting the suspension. Just give the word, and I will fill in details related to what just typed.

What pisses me off, is that there was good reason to ban you from here, and we chose not to (it is a group decision, not just me, and it is based on actions and inappropriate behavior nothing more. ... so don't play it that way). You'd think you would show a measure of grace as a result of the fact that we could have just as easily banned you given that you have caused repeated problems. Instead, that was an asshole post in which you want to play a martyr.

Ace, Jssst21, Vombatus and 2 others like this.
  10. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Why don't you explain why the superstar who outed me on Twitter continued to have the run of the place because he writes for big magazines?

Why don't you explain that while you're at it, Warren Buffett?

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

12. The Big Ragu

Nobody has the run of the place because they "write for big magazines." That is typical nonsense. And nobody outed you on here. If someone did, send a link to the post and I will deal with it.

I don't monitor people's twtter feeds. It is not my role, nor would it be appropriate. That said, someone pointed that out to me because of the drama queen act. ...and from what I saw, you were not "outed." I couldn't identify you from Adam from what he tweeted.

Feel free to do your drama. ... It doesn't matter much to me. If you work yourself up as usual, and go off the rails, though, we'll let you be a martyr again. Wash, rinse, repeat.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.