1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Me, too. Sent you a PM weeks ago expressing the same thing. But I imagine you're quite busy.

YankeeFan likes this.
  2. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

3. cisforkoke

cisforkoke Well-Known Member

I am behind on sending out PMs.

4. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

Department chair = some poor soul who drew the short straw.

tapintoamerica likes this.
  5. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Just another opportunity to ingratiate himself to our enemies, right?

6. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

It's not that they don't believe it's a real religion; it's just that the regular killings in its name make it a dangerous religion. Just have to pay attention.

7. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

I honestly don't know what you mean by "partner in crime."

As for being mean—I regret the @daemon post. It was mean. The way the lines between here and Twitter sometimes blur, he had been an absolute ass to me on Twitter, and I responded here. Mistake. More particularly, he—a student at the time—had been telling a Pulitzer-winning friend of mine how to do journalism in a really arrogant way. I have a temper, and if I have a particular weak point, it's when people who can't do something tell the people who can do it how to do it. Drives me crazy, and if I'm in a low place, I can react badly to it.

Same thing happened with Songbird. He can be quite critical of someone's work, including mine, but when his work wasn't received well, he threw a tantrum and pulled it down. That, to me, is hypocritical, and I think it's fair to point that out. But it can also come off as big-timing or punching down or whatever. I sort of get that and I sort of don't. There's a perception that success insulates you from criticism. Like, being successful means you should be able to take any hit and you should never hit back. I would argue that success in some ways makes it harder to accept criticism. You get more of it, for starters. And the easiest way to respond to someone less successful than you criticizing your work is to point out their lack of success.

It's not a kind instinct, I'm trying to be a better person, and I would like this place to be more generous and open-hearted, and I'm going to do my best to demonstrate my true desire for that wish through my behaviour here.

I hope all is well in your world.

Jssst21 and YankeeFan like this.
  8. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

9. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I just meant the person you were engaging with which led to the incident. I don't mean you are in cahoots on some regular basis.

10. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

11. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

12. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

All I can think is how badly she'll be sexually harassed in that place.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.