1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Doubt you'd learn much, but kind of you to write that.

2. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

My God, you actually wrote that. You actually used that word -- "craft" -- in regards to a President. And someone -- more than one someone! -- actually called you "thoughtful."

YankeeFan likes this.
  3. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Has anyone checked the mail robot?

BTExpress and Spartan Squad like this.
  4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

He didn't mention Comey's allegation? And he hasn't tweeted a response?

Odd.

5. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

I'd wager it's the Matrushka that's now sitting in pride of place on the fireplace mantle.

6. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

What kind of counterfactual nonsense is this? Trump is shaping the country the only way he's capable of doing. This is it. This is as good as it was ever going to get, with him at the apex of his power. He hasn't even encountered a truly external crisis yet, and he'll be just as big a failure dealing with those. Nothing was standing in the way of Trump shaping the country how he saw fit except for his own weakness and failures and the fact that he is the most supremely unqualified president in our history and second place isn't worth discussing anymore.

As for having sympathy for his voters, I just don't have it in me right now. That's probably a big moral failing on my part but I freely admit to being flawed. They fucked up. They've ruined lives and may have ruined the country for good. I have no absolution for them and it isn't mine to give out anyway. And a great many of them take personal pride in how cruel and callous they can be to others.

[​IMG]

A whole cottage industry has sprung up telling liberals and progressives (you are admittedly neither) that they must be oh-so-careful with the fragile working white people and must never do anything to upset them in any way or trigger them by speaking out about their own concerns as members of traditionally marginalized groups. It's insulting. It's like being told to tiptoe around an abusive alcoholic father.

service_gamer and Iron_chet like this.
  8. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Is "disquieting" the same thing as "disgusting" or "pathetic"?

9. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Analysis | The guy who predicted Comey’s memos thinks the former FBI director may be trying to take down Trump

I keep wondering — something in the back of my head keeps saying to me — maybe Comey was actually trying to build an obstruction-of-justice case against the president here. You know what I mean? Because Comey could handle this one of two ways: The president makes this request, and the first time Comey might say to him, ‘You know, Mr. President, it’s inappropriate for us to have this conversation, and I would appreciate if you would not make a request like this to me again.’ That’s a way to handle it that says very clearly to the president that this should never be repeated.

But if you’re trying to build an obstruction-of-justice case, you might want the president to keep talking, because everything he does is digging a deeper legal hole for himself.

10. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

Not only was James Buchanan's administration supremely corrupt, but he also stood by during his final months in office while the country descended into Civil War. Hell we had cabinet officials shipping war materials south!

I dislike Trump as much as any one (OK .... maybe not Starman-levels), but Buchanan set the bar really, really, really high for WPOAT.

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

So what? Comey laid a trap and Fucko marched right into it?

All Fucko had to do was not violate the law. If he didn't understand what he was asking was OOJ, he's too dumb to be walking around loose in public, much less be president.

12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Does anyone really think that Comey had told Trump his remarks were inappropriate, Trump would've stopped making them?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.