1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Ideally, our next President would be a centrist, and that's not Pence. But I'm at least pretty sure Pence could pass a 7th-grade civics class. So that would be an improvement.

Stoney likes this.
  2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

He doesn't know anything about the country or the world. And he's a narcissist with the impulse control of a 3-year-old.

I don't know what is so complicated about this.

JC and Stoney like this.
  3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Yeah well there's a bigger faction that will get a stiffy over Fucko even as the mushroom clouds rise, because it will make the Libtards SOOOOOOO MAD!!

Dick Whitman likes this.
  4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

5. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

Maybe not a seventh grade science class, but still a step up.

6. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

YankeeFan and doctorquant like this.
  7. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

To that author's credit, I now know who the president pro tem of the Senate is. All those years of Thurmond kind of lulled me into a false sense of security.

8. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

This post perfectly underlines my point about why Trump's getting butchered and why him leaving the office - while wonderful in its own right - doesn't solve any real problems. They're still going to be sitting there for Bobblehead Pence.

It won't be better. It'll just be less embarrassing.

If Trump leaves, his narrative will be "the swamp is so dense I couldn't drain it. My own people were in on it."

And his voters will believe it.

And, to some degree, it'll be true.

Batman likes this.
  9. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

It's the same fucking Fox "News" shtick other people are parroting that says the real problem is the libtards being mean to the people shitting all over our country.

Last edited: May 19, 2017
  10. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I'm more than OK with that.

Jake_Taylor likes this.
  11. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

So he can push more despicable policies?

Remember: The thinktanks and "prestige" conservative media that happily ginned up rage and discontent for years were largely against Trump. They were against him precisely because they couldn't control his agenda; he wouldn't play ball. And Trump, if nothing else, couldn't be bought by the Kochs or anyone else; he didn't need them.

Once he leaves, they all rush back in. They're only the architects of all the things you may loathe, and you want those guys in charge? You want Ted Cruz back on your TV?

12. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Pence will push policies that are far too conservative for most of the nation. He'll have a Republican Congress that might even pass some of those policies. But at some point the Democrats will be back in power and make changes.

That's the party system, it sucks and I've lost faith in it, but it's better than Trump as a wildcard. Pence will at least have some idea how the government is set up. He'll have some understanding that the President is simply the head of one of three branches. He'd understand that firing the FBI director doesn't put a stop to investigations. He'd have at least some idea how stupid that looks.

It would be a step in the right direction.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.