1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Normally Trump would outline his budget plan in the State of the Union. All his various spokesmen would put on a full court press getting the details out. Then the plan would be delivered to Congress.

Yeah, it's odd.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  2. Neutral Corner

Hahahahahahaha. Riiiiight. Pull the other one, it's got bells on.

3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Newt and Hannity, sitting in a tree ...

4. Neutral Corner

You better pray that never really starts happening. I generally just let your posts go by, but that kind of talk makes my skin crawl. All it takes is one loony to start a bunch of dominoes falling. One psycho with a gun and a grudge. He shoots Chief Justice Roberts, or Hillary, or George Soros, or Richard Bannon, whoever. Another screwloose from the other side decides to even the score and stalks someone he hates. That sets aside one group shooting others randomly, starting a literal class or race war.

Be Careful.

5. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Glad Fox did the right thing. And in the process gave a big FU to Hannity and Newt.

How long before Hannity goes to work for Trump? Well, getting paid by the White House. He's already working for Trump.

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

As of 45 minutes ago, Hannity was still tweeting about Kim Dotcom and Seth Rich.

7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

It brings up this question, though: Does this stop Hannity? I don't know how much, if any, Fox has over individual shows beyond "Republicans good, Democrats bad!"

I want to ask if he'll take Spicey's gig, but I think he'd be put into something with a higher profile, like Kellyanne.

8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Since the story has been retracted and the Rich family is very angry, Hannity might wind up in litigation if he keeps it up, and Fox would have every justification for saying it won't stand behind him.

9. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Considering he's a hack, I assume Hannity will go scorched earth unless he's ordered to cool it.

Don't know how long it will last, but Fox is hurting in the ratings. Beaten by MSNBC.

Fox appears to be suffering in it's position as state-run media. People apparently want actual news, not propaganda.

Having said that, all of cable news still largely sucks.

10. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Very very low

11. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Opposition drives ratings. If Hillary had won, Fox would be No. 1 by a mile.

12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Hannity is a trumpbitch and will just double down. Refuse to acknowledge anything in error. Never back down. And eventually the media will keep repeating the lies, even if to disprove it. As long as the story remains out there, the liar and the lie stays viable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.