1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

I don't that that fitz guy knows much about Montana voters.

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Haven't been in Montana for 40 years. People were aces when I was, though.

3. Michael_ Gee

PS: Gianforte drove away with aides. Not arrested on the scene. If Jacobs swears out a complaint, what will cops do?

4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Beat me to it.

5. Michael_ Gee

If he's not arrested, Jacobs should sue the cops as well as Gianforte. The latter has no idea what he's done. Could've been an anonymous back bencher, but now he'll be target 1A for the whole press corps. Hope he's been faithful to his wife, never cheated on his taxes or reproduced a broadcast of major league baseball without express written consent of the commissioner.

6. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

So you're not in favor of gun control?

7. Michael_ Gee

Actually, my position on gun control is as follows. You have a right to own a gun, or lots of guns. But it's just like cars. You have to have a license, they have to be registered and you have to have liability insurance to operate them under any circumstances. Seems reasonable to me.

8. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Scandal! He only had implied oral consent.

9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

10. Michael_ Gee

Now we get to the meat of the matter. Jacobs wrote the story that Gianforte had a quarter-mill worth of loans from Russian banks. Correction: story was Gianforte has 250K in index funds of Russian bank stocks.

11. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

It does, but some states it's not real reasonable. In NJ you can own a gun and register a gun, but it's close to impossible to be able to carry it outside your house. That's kind of unreasonable, like owning a car and not being able to drive it off your porperty.

12. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Be honest. Your shame was around before the Internet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.