1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

It's been a while since I saw liberal activism with the nuclear football.

3. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Did you read the article?

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I know it feels like forever, but believe it or not it's only been six months.

QYFW likes this.
  5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

At what point does "no evidence of collusion" become threadbare? From the WaPo article on Kushner wanting a communication channel:

"For instance, according to those officials and the letter, Kushner conveyed to the Russians that he was aware it would be politically sensitive to meet publicly, but it was necessary for the Trump team to be able to continue their communication with Russian government officials.

In addition to their discussion about setting up the communications channel, Kushner, Flynn and Kislyak also talked about arranging a meeting between a representative of Trump and a “Russian contact” in a third country whose name was not identified, according to the anonymous letter."

HanSenSE likes this.
  6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Unlike you, I can judge a person or event on merit or lack thereof. Neither my faith nor my political leanings make every decision for me the way your politics overrides your logic.

Your evidence is still biased and shaky at best. I did some research on my own and the support of Sharia Law is real. So is the opposition to Israel, which is not the same thing as anti-Judaism. There are Jews who will reflexively cry anti-Semitism any time somebody criticizes Israrel, especially if that person is a Muslim. I'm not one of those Jews.

Of course, you ignore that she led a fundraising effort to bring in money to pay for repairs to vandalized graves in Jewish cemeteries. Cue your cries that she only did that for political gain because you only want the things about her you don't like to matter.

That said, despite your flawed evidence, I'm not going to defend her. I'm just going to stay with my initial reaction. 'Who cares? There are people with opinions I don't like involved with both political parties. You and YF are trying to prop her up as a much bigger deal than she really is. She is barely relevant and even that is only recent.

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

A scary article, and from my experience largely accurate.

I Was Trained for the Culture Wars in Home School, Awaiting Someone Like Mike Pence as a Messiah

8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

You have no idea what Kushner may, or may not have done. We have reports characterizing his conversations. Nothing more.

There's also no indication that if the conversations were as characterized, that they were illegal.

If the President wanted to have the ability to talk to the Russian president, bypassing career diplomats and the intelligence community, who he saw as troublesome to negotiations, and who were leaking info about him, what law would that have broken?

9. cisforkoke

cisforkoke Well-Known Member

Neutral Corner -- Fake News on the 8s.

10. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

That's the best layout from a German newspaper I've seen yet.

Vombatus likes this.
  11. cisforkoke

cisforkoke Well-Known Member

12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Did the Obama administration open "back channel" communications with both Iran and Cuba, that were not disclosed to the public, in at least one case involved third party meetings in a foreign country, and largely froze out diplomats and the IC, while being run out of the White House by Boy Wonder and failed novelist Ben Rhodes?

Was that treason?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.