1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Dick Pole is jealous of Dick Painter.

I'll show myself out now.

Iron_chet, HanSenSE and Spartan Squad like this.
  2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Major media outlet: runs cover story on Hillary Clinton

YankeeFan: mocks article, and media's continuing fascination with Hillary Clinton

SJ.com: why are you obsessed with Hillary Clinton YankeeFan?

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Sun comes up. YF finds an excuse to post about the Clintons regardless of the media. Rinse. Repeat.

HanSenSE likes this.
  4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Losing Presidential Candidate Faces Life is a year after the election evergreen. Done for every one I can remember going back to at least Nixon in 1961. Hell, I wrote one about GHW Bush when he showed up at Red Sox spring training in 1993.

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

If Mitt Romney, Jimmy Carter or even Daddy Bush gave a graduation speech, somebody would write a story about it. So what?

Hell, I once had a reasonably offhand 5-minute chat with Jerry Ford at halftime of a Michigan football game. We were both standing there with nothing much else to do, and just started to bullshit about the football game.

HanSenSE likes this.
  6. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

7. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Was he leading the Resistance at the time?

8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Actually, he was talking relief pitching.

HanSenSE likes this.
  9. YankeeFan

None would have likely given as political a speech, nor would they have had Andrea Mitchell gushing over it.

And the lead up to it wouldn't have landed any of them the cover of a major magazine.

[​IMG]

10. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

The media is sad. Sad!

11. YankeeFan

Have we ever wondered how much about how a losing candidate "was doing"?

Everyone wants to make sure she's "OK".

The poor thing. Is she ok, having lost an election that was clearly stolen from her?

12. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Does it bother you that the rest of us don't have two shits to give about those articles? This always happens. One side loses. For a period of time there are stories about what went wrong or what are they doing now or some piece that looks into the last weeks and the aftermath of the campaign. But your need to slobber over everything Clinton means the rest of us have to hear about it. That and your guy embarrasses himself more frequently than Abe Simpson so you scream Clinton! in hopes we don't focus on his latest pants falling down incident.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.