1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

He explicitly said the golf course was free, and his expenses tripled when Daddy started billing him for it.

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Slate having fun while doing the math

I will say from what I read that Eric Trump started the tournament with great intentions and apparently did a really good job raising money. Then pops got involved, and in that family nothing gold can stay.

3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

He's the President.

The President.

He's.

The.

President.

Fuck.

4. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

OK ... a donation to the DTF went to the ETF and then was routed back to Trump, Inc.

Still not completely sold that ET is on the hook for that. I'm pretty much in line with @dixiehack. Definitely not a good look ...

5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

She's not people? You mean she's a Democrat? [/trumpspeak]

EDIT: Ah, I see the rest of the board captured the spirit of the thing.

6. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I'll get on board with that. Daddy's definitely more to blame.

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Meanwhile, just since I woke up this morning: Saudi Arabia sent Qatar a list of 10 demands and demanded a response in 24 hours. Turkey is expediting legislation to send troops to Qatar. IS attacked Tehran. The Revolutionary Guards said Saudi Arabia was responsible. And Kurdistan announced it'll hold a referendum on independence on Sept. 25. I do not find these events reassuring at all.

8. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Geopolitics didn't begin in January. And neither did the president making things worse.

SpeedTchr and YankeeFan like this.
  9. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Dewey is frisky!

10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I didn't say it did, but a lot of things seem to be happening very fast, and our government is far from all hands on deck as of now.

11. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

After Trump shook the glowing orb in Saudi Arabia, it told him "Outlook Good." Everything's going to be okay.

12. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Has there ever been a time when you did find events in the Mideast to be reassuring?

Iron_chet, SpeedTchr and doctorquant like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.