1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Clinton 2016: "At least we didn't blow it as bad as the Falcons did."

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That is your opinion in response to my accurate representation of your ignorance regarding journalism and your willingness to post anyway unless it is a question you don't want to address.

To be fair, I also insult you by calling you a lying hypocrite. On the other hand, you keep proving me to be correct.

3. tapintoamerica

I have no doubt that the leadership of some organizations is liberal and hacked off. I also suspect some stories lack appropriate scrutiny before publication. At the same time, no responsible outlet can ignore what Trump has done. I also believe the number of responsible, important stories greatly outnumbers the opposite total.

4. tapintoamerica

When the story is big enough and the media is the means by which otherwise secret events become public, there is no way around the fact that the media become participants.

bigpern23 and Dick Whitman like this.
  5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Fucko of course has ensured the media becomes participants, whether they like it or not.

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Trump cheers the blockade against Qatar earlier this week. Today, Tillerson calls on Saudi Arabia to "ease" it - partly because it's the holy month of Ramadan.

7. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

It's fun wondering which ignored poster is apparently pushing the "make the media the enemy" talking point a few days after reports that was going to be the new talking point

8. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I think you've talked yourself into a corner here. I get that this is the talking point, but it withers outside of the bubble. Go ahead and criticize poor reporting. I'm right there with you. But this focus on the media's intent is, to use an Alma word, picayune. You started off writing that the media's role should not be to illustrate that the President is unfit for office. I imagine that is what he has been saying this week. That was revealed as pretty silly pretty quickly. You're trying to save it, but you should cut your losses at this point.

9. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Can't wait for the TrumpFucks to start huffing and puffing about "dignity."

Although the fact Fucko hasn't kept his promises is probably the least worst thing about him, because his promises are disastrous.

[​IMG]

11. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Except Republicans are the ones starting the fights with them because the media is reporting facts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.