1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Prime Shatner could give LeBron a push. Believe me.

2. Starman

Because Fucko canceled it in a pissy fit of his own without consulting UK officials on how to spin it?

Remember when Daughterfucker Don wasn't going to come at all unless he got a ride in a royal carriage?

3. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

The odd thing is that neither story says when the visit is supposed to happen. Was a date set? If so, why not say it?
    Along those lines, why didn't the PM's statement say something like, "We look forward to hosting the president as scheduled on xxxxx." ?

4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

5. Starman

6. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

May needs to get through a throne speech before making dinner plans with Trump.

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

May's got enough troubles of her own. She's holding on to her job by a very slender thread. The last thing she needs is to play the genial host to Trump. My guess is the unscheduled visit will remain so to save face all around.

8. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

Theresa May. A master of spur-the-moment spinning and improvisation.

It's interesting. The talents required for climbing up the ranks of the Tory party are markedly different from actually campaigning. And Corbyn's had a safe seat since 1983 but he also fought two come-from-behind leadership campaigns before this one. It shows.

9. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Have you run out of mics to drop yet?

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Have you ever said or posted anything worth of a mic drop in your life? It's not my thing, but I highly doubt you've ever had reason.

11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I didn't see anyone from the White House on the Sunday shows. After what went on this week, that seems to be quite an anomaly. Did anyone else notice someone in spokesman mode? I saw an RNC representative, plus Newt and Rove and the odd Republican, but no one from the White House.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  12. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

And another!

SnarkShark likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.