1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Yes.

Next question.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Who gives a shit what you think?

@WriteThinking doesn't think you should be able to buy or collect whisky? Why is your opinion better than hers?

[​IMG]

3. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

If the founding fathers wanted us to have cars, they would have put it in the bill of rights

melock and HanSenSE like this.
  4. YankeeFan

Haha. I knew you'd say that.

Have fun taking away people's cars. Will be easier than taking away their guns.

5. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

The harm guns are doing far outweighs any perceived benefit you can point to in terms of "nice defense against knives."

I don't mind pissing off a small niche of hunters, because again, when you balance their benefit against all the harm guns are doing, it isn't even close. There is a compelling interest to regulate something when not regulating it is leading to a lot of violence and death. Also, just spitballing, we could outlaw most guns, particularly the semi-automatic ones, and hunters could still hunt with a basic rifle, a single shot type-- under extreme licensing, I guess.

Lots of harmful things have been a part of American culture. The confederate flag has been a part of American culture for more than a century. It's a bad rationale for why they should be flying all over the place.

Dick Whitman likes this.
  6. Dick Whitman

I think that you are conflating things here that you shouldn't be conflating.

@WriteThinking's opinion was that buying, collecting, and drinking whisky is "not a hobby."

I am not denying that buying, collecting, and shooting guns is a hobby for many people, and a legitimate one.

7. Dick Whitman

You asked me if Chicago could ban private ownership of cars.

The answer is "yes."

8. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Religious freedom is a cultural tradition. It's a right. It saves lives sometimes.

Glad to see y'all giving up on anti-Muslim laws

9. YankeeFan

Fair enough.

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

That's not true at all.

11. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

I'm sorry ... what?

12. YankeeFan

I know. It's just frustrating when you give the right answer sometimes.

FileNotFound likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.