1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Best part of many is the about the author section.

2. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Yup. I hadn't considered the actual "impeachment" part!

3. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

The Costanza administration.

4. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I like that. ... Hey Trump, the jerk store called and they are running out of you.

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  5. dixiehack

Took my son to an Atlanta United game in mid-late March and there were Ossoff ads on the TV when we stopped for dinner. Spent this past Friday in Alpharetta en route to the beach and he had yard signs at every prominent intersection, while Handel had several TV ads and was all over WSB-AM's commercial breaks. How people there haven't gone Elvis on their televisions I'll never know.

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Not only that, but if the result is close, and it sure looks as if it will be, the residents of Ga.-6 have the jolly knowledge there will likely be a rematch next year. I think I'd move.

7. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Meaningless grandstanding. Shit-tons of people die every day. I'm not a fan of it. But nobody has the emotional capacity to meaningfully care about all of them.

The only reason anyone outside of his immediate socisl circle has heard of him is that the circumstances are political.

8. dixiehack

Now imagine being a working stiff on the south side of Atlanta that has to endure all the same ads and doesn't even get to vote in the damn thing.

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Poor Spicy, getting fat-shamed by Steve Bannon. Tsk tsk tsk.

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The crazy thing about our elections, is that election officials still seem like they are taken by surprise every two or four years. "Oh, we didn't know there would be this kind of turnout!"

11. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

And France inaugurated its president one week after the election.

12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

This happens to us Mass. residents every two years. New Hampshire elections are always close so we are swamped with their ads placed on Boston TV, which reaches most New Hampshire voters.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.