1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

Do Republican wins really matter?

We've seen how utterly incapable they are of actually governing ....

HanSenSE and TowelWaver like this.
  2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Flip this on its head. I live in Mass.-7. If there was a special election and the Republican lost by four points, all you'd hear is that the Democrats were going to be swept nationwide at the next election. It takes ages to get people to change voting habits. We are five months into the Trump administration and to expect a huge chunk of the 46 percent of the vote he got to have already said, "wow, did I fuck up" is a denial of human nature. On the other hand, the Clinton voters in Ga. -6 were not just one offs in November who hated Trump. They've now cast two Democratic ballots in a row. They are changing.

3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

They're yours. Enjoy. Go kick a girl with a hijab if it gets you off. It's your time to shine.

melock likes this.
  4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

This is ridiculous. If you truly think where you live is so terrible -- and there are not so terrible places to where you could move -- why would you raise your son there for the next 12 years?

You're either exaggerating or you're failing your child, by your own definition.

5. YankeeFan

I'll leave the hijab wearing Muslim stomping to the illegal El Salvadoran immigrant.

Funny how the outrage over that story died down when it became apparent that the narrative wouldn't help liberal politics.

QYFW likes this.
  6. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

You know who thinks the least of Muslim women? Muslim men. You are Him.

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

FWIW, these will make 23 consecutive special elections dating back to 2012 in which the party of the previous incumbent won. Holds for both Democrats and Republicans. Most congressional districts just aren't all that competitive.

8. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

Eight years of right wing media telling you Obama is destroying the country (on purpose), and then the Trump campaign where he explained day after day that this country is a shithole, and he's the only one who can make it great again.

Yet you're still here.

Exaggerating? Or are you a shitty parent, too?

9. dixiehack

The S.C. special will be so close because Democrats virtually ignored it and the GOP fell asleep at the switch. The Democrats went all in for Georgia 6, but the noise woke up the Republicans. Once Ossoff didn't win a majority the first time (and he'll wake up in a cold sweat for years wondering why he couldn't drive a higher black turnout in DeKalb County), he was sunk. Republican voters were always going to rally to any empty (pants)suit with the party label because their identity was threatened. If you ever hear from Ossoff again, it will be a once a month guest spot on some MSNBC filler show. He ain't winning shit in Georgia.

As for Handel, she may have made some half-hearted stabs at a Trump persona, but that isn't her. She's a standard issue Republican who wants to play vagina police and hand out goodies to the chamber of commerce and otherwise will shut up and vote as she's told. But she's nobody's fool.

10. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Pretty sure you're all shitty parents compared to me, so let's have a little perspective and knock that shit off.

Big Circus, HC and YankeeFan like this.
  11. dixiehack

Daughter actually. Son is a teenager. I do not have primary custody, so it is not for me to say where they live. As you well know, you will stretch yourself in unimaginable ways to be there for your kids as much as possible. (Which is why my posts this week are largely late-night bursts. You loveable bastards aren't worth cutting into our pool and Rook and Gotcha time. ;))

HanSenSE, Inky_Wretch and YankeeFan like this.
  12. YankeeFan

LOL This take is almost as hot as the one telling Moddy his liberal daughter wasn't strong.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.