1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Trump wanted Comey to confirm that on three separate occasions, Comey told Trump that he was not personally under investigation.

2. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

except now he is. Whoops

3. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Assuming that Trump would be smart enough to realize that the tapes he was lying about existing would compel Comey to tell the truth and not lie in his favor is assuming too much. "I've gotten in trouble when people had tapes of shit I said, surely he'll be scared of that too!" is as deep he is capable of considering the issue. Not realizing that other people's words aren't things like bragging about sexual assault, asking for Russians to hack his political opponents, or making fun of disabled people.

4. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

And, of course, Bill Clinton was actually impeached. Meanwhile, the man who led that impeachment for obstruction of justice is now on TV stating that you can't impeach a president for obstruction of justice. But it's random people on Twitter whose hypocrisy should *really* concern us.

melock, bigpern23, dixiehack and 3 others like this.
  5. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

He's wrong. You can impeach a President for whatever the fuck you want.

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

You ain't Alan Dershowitz, YF. And you are defending Trump. For you to say otherwise is a blatant lie.

8. YankeeFan

And the Senate fail to convict him on the charge of obstruction of justice.

Want to guess how many Dems in the Senate voted guilty on that charge?

9. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

So, you think Comey would've lied about this under oath?

And, that he was planning to do just that until Shining Beacon of Truth Donald Trump compelled him not to?

10. YankeeFan

Why do you insist on avoiding questions?

Every time I try to engage you, I regret it. I try to be as transparent as possible, but you constantly avoid debate.

You make charges. You fail to defend them. And you avoid questions.

11. YankeeFan

I never said it was some brilliant plan, just that it was his plan.

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

It's not about avoiding questions. It is about you throwing up distractions when you know you've been busted. You constantly defend Trump and you are doing it here. That Dershowitz might make a similar statement does not change what you are doing. Context matters. Our knowledge of a person's motivations matters. You are held accountable for your posting history.

When you claim you aren't defending Trump, you aren't being honest. You've been defending him relentlessly from the moment it became clear he would be your party's nominee. That is the evidence to back my charge.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.