1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Yes, accepting the marriage of two people regardless who those two people are is exactly the same as stealing.

Social progressives doesn't mean nothing is wrong, it means we aren't going to automatically reject your choice if all your choice means is you have an alternative view of something. Women can make choices about their own sexuality as opposed to bowing to men with attitudes from the 19th century. Same sex marriage is an expression of love rather than a deplorable sin. Someone's identity should be expressed as they feel comfortable expressing it rather than listening to what some curmudgeon in the North Carolina governor's house thinks.

It used to be "socially progressive" to have women working as something other than teachers, secretaries or nurses. It used to be "socially progressive" to have interracial marriage. It used to be "socially progressive" to not allow hiring based on age, gender and skin color.

2. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Trump and his buddies need to hire 4,000 people. The optimist in me tells me they will not all be bags of shit, which Paul Ryan is.

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

My computer just rebooted itself for the third time in four days, requiring me to reenter all my usernames and passwords on literally every site I visit.

Prior to that it hadn't happened in six months.

Plus a massive increase in spam/phishing type emails (from a handful daily to 30-40).

Hmmmm

Last edited: Nov 13, 2016
  5. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

I warned you fuckers on the old politics thread about invisible governments and dystopia and fulminating rage, and was fitted for a three-cornered aluminum foil hat.
    I guess none of this shit is funny anymore eh? Jon Stewart and his phylum yukking it up for years while all this shit was germinating?

6. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

At least Mel Gibson was somewhat likable in this role.

7. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Heh, unless said choice happened to be made last Tuesday at the polls.

8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Says the man shilling for an overseas kleptocracy

Spartan Squad likes this.
  9. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

The protests are silly because this is our process but the anger is legitimate. People are afraid we're going to end up rolling back the rights we've gained over the last several years, families will get broken up in large numbers and attitudes toward racial and religious tolerance are going to head back to the 1950s.

I wish they weren't protesting or demanding the electoral college get tossed. If people had as much passion voting for the person who could have bested Trump then Clinton would have won with 400 EVs. That's life in the US.

10. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Last edited: Nov 13, 2016
  11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The demonstrations, which IMO should've waited until Jan. 20, but I'm not them, are a marker and a challenge. If Trump ignores them and goes governing within constitutional and democratic norms, they will end because Trump will come to seem more normal. If he doesn't, they'll get bigger.

12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Not kaepernick per se, but the feeling among the deplorables was that these uppity colored folk should be more grateful for what they got and stop their nonsense. The Baltimore riots, #BLM, and the perception amongst the deplorables that all cops are racist murderers also played into this.

That the Democrats completely blew off these Americans to rely on Hispanics blacks and women clearly didn't work. Hillary never had a Sista Soldier moment. She never felt the pain of the white underclass.

Apparently if blacks voted for Hilary like they did for Obama in Wayne County Michigan, she would have won the state. So she couldn't bother to emphathize with whites and sympathize enough for blacks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.