1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

2. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Daily News Facebook post said, "He broke all 10 Commandments."

Football_Bat, RickStain, HC and 3 others like this.
  3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Today's media retraction, regarding Trump:

Vice Media’s Motherboard tech site has retracted two articles — supposedly revealing discord at Disney Parks about Donald Trump’s presence in the Hall of Presidents attraction — citing factual errors and questions about sourcing for the pieces.

“After a thorough investigation into the sourcing of two stories, ‘Here’s the Secret Backstage Trump Drama at Walt Disney World’s Hall of Presidents’ and ‘Behind the Scenes of Disney’s Donald Trump “Hall of Presidents” Installation,’ and the identification of several factual errors, we have decided to retract both pieces,” Motherboard said in an editorial note posted Wednesday in place of the two articles.

The note added, “We are conducting a full editorial review to pinpoint how this source was vetted, and how these stories were approved and published in violation of our usual editorial workflow. We fell short of our standards, and regret the error.”

Vice Retracts Articles About Donald Trump’s Animatronic Robot at Disney World

5. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

For the record, I've never been to Oklahoma or Arkansas.

6. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

Have you even left your county?

[​IMG]

7. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

My car couldn't make it.

cranberry and Vombatus like this.
  8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

ASTONISHING this sudden microattention to possible source discrepancies in negative stories about Fucko (even ridiculously obscure ones like this) and the sudden abject (and possibly wildly overreactionary) preemptive capitulation by the publishers. Almost as if they've been informed they need to be Very Very Careful.

VERY CAREFUL.

9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

dixiehack and Vombatus like this.
  10. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

I know, it's turned into C-SPAN 2 Jr.

11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Anyway, Trump promising a "big surprise" on the health care bill. Which we all know in Trumpspeak means, "I got nothing."

Last edited: Jun 28, 2017
  12. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

My favorite:

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.