1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

poindexter and melock like this.
  2. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Do yourself a favor and look up look up Scott Michael Greene.

Or Jerry and Joseph Kane.

Or Brent Cole.

Or Kyle Joekel and Brian Smith.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

He's following one of your tactics, but I'll be more honest in responding to it than you would be under similar circumstances.

Supporting Trump doesn't make you a misogynist, but you do support one. Trump has demonstrated his disrespect for women many times. Your support of him is every bit as much evidence against you as the word choices you toss at others on this board. I don't care for the language they use, either, but your argument in those cases is every bit as bad as CD Boogie's charge against you.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Anyone can discuss politics, too. The question is if the person in question can discuss the topic intelligently. There are plenty of folks here who have something intelligent to say on both subjects and there are plenty who refuse to allow their ignorance to keep them quiet no matter then topic.

5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

C'mon now. If you're going to write an article saying Trump is the first President in 25 years to not visit the Holocaust memorial, don't you have to tell me who did visit, and when, rather than relying on an unspecific statement from a group in Poland?

Go ahead and write it if you choose, once you see the statement, but report it. Research it. Get me the facts.

6. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

why not? I can deliver sermons from the mount anytime I want

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

C'mon now, I'm talking about his Podesta statement. If you're going to make the statement that EVERYONE!!11!! is talking about it -- in Poland!!11! -- there should be stories showing who those Everyone is.

C'mon, Donny J, show your work!

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

10. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Maybe this is on Trump's staff, but we don't have any reporting of the time line to suggest this.

What we have is BuzzFeed citing a pair of German language stories.

Here's what they write:

White House officials apparently waited too long to book accommodations for President Trump,
    leaving him without a hotel in Hamburg, Germany, as world leaders converge for the G20 summit.

Organizers announced the scheduled summit in February 2016, which requires 9,000 hotel rooms
    to accommodate world leaders, their sizable staffs, and security details.

The Hamburger Abendblatt, a local news outlet, reported that the US government wanted to accommodate Trump in the Four Seasons, but it was already booked. In fact, it turns out that every luxury hotel in Hamburg was reportedly booked by the time the Americans called, leaving Trump, who is associated with an empire of hotel properties, scrambling for a place to stay.

Several weeks ago there were even rumors Trump might have to sleep in Berlin and have to fly to Hamburg via helicopter.

President Trump Apparently Couldn't Find A Hotel To Book For The G20 Summit

Now, February 2016 was very early in the presidential primary season. Did we expect the Trump campaign, and all other campaigns, to book rooms at that time?

Do we think the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, which booked the entire Four Seasons Hotel, waited until November 2016 to book their rooms, which would have possibly given the Trump transition a small window to potentially book the rooms?

Isn't the more likely scenario one in which the Obama White House travel office -- maybe in conjunction with the State Department and the Secret Service -- would have made the reservation for the incoming administration, as they were the ones in a position to do so?

Heck, if we're just taking guesses, and not doing reporting, I'll guess that reservations were made, and then cancelled once Trump won, why disgruntled Obama administration employees.

11. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

It's raining pretty hard and I may not be able to go on my walk today
    #blameobama

12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Yup it's the Mooslim Neegro's fault.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.