1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

I like babies that didn't get captured, OK?

2. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

But if Trump would just be nicer.

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

What is Trump saying to inspire all or these threats against republican law makers?

4. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

All he has to do is open his mouth or tweet.

5. DeskMonkey1

DeskMonkey1 Active Member

6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I guess Dan Rather didn't get the memo.

French intelligence reported in early June that there was no evidence of Russian meddling in its election. Of course, you have to go to page 4 of Google to find it, after 3 pages of earlier stories claiming certainty that the Russkies were up to no good. Guess I need to start using google.ru for reliable searches. :)

Germany says no Russian meddling in its election (so far).

German spooks have found no evidence of Russian meddling in the country's politics

SFIND likes this.
  7. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

You're leaving out the hundreds of Democrats whose feelings were hurt as their floats were booed in Fourth of July parades.;)

QYFW likes this.
  8. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

C'mon, now. This is the disturbing stuff for us:

Putin is widely known to respect strength and he has a nostril for weakness. He is an experienced and shrewd operator, while Mr. Trump has proven to be a bumbling novice who seeks affirmation. It is a recipe for disaster.

For all the damage Mr. Trump and his policies can do domestically, what is happening on the world stage - from dangerous posturing on North Korea, to risking a trade war with Europe, to pulling out of the climate pact - is truly frightening. The number one job of the President of the United States is to protect the safety and security of the nation. Mr. Trump is in far over his head, and the most dangerous thing is he doesn't know it and his enablers who should know better don't seem to care.

We have a total fucking buffoon president, and that should scare all of us.

SFIND and heyabbott like this.
  9. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

10. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Frankly, I believe the "safety and security" of the nation has been greatly compromised by the foreign policies of the past five presidents (well, maybe not Bush41). Everything from supporting the mujahideen in the 1980s to Iran-Contra to the broken promise of NATO expansion pissing off a nation with 8,000 nukes to regime changes that create chaos and foster terrorism. None of it has made us safer. Just boosted our ego that we could fuck with the world if and when we decide to.

11. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

How long before Trumpists admit their guy is a neo Nazi sympathizer?
    A Polish historian and far right activist claims he was consulted by the White House on Trump's Warsaw speech
    Turns out that he is, in fact, the first POTUS since Reagan to pass on the site in Warsaw.
    That seems to have been ignored.
    He hires an obvious Nazi fan to advise him on his speech, which was filled with dog whistles.
    He hired Gorka. He hired Bannon.
    Let's assume that 75% of the above examples are misleading. Not good enough. In order for him to be as pure as his apologists claim, he's got to be perfect here.

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Come on, man, that's a pretty good attempt at humor by Pence there. Give him some credit.

Donny in his element likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.